Dsource

Rivet

Founding Member
I'm a member of several message boards and an admin on a college sports board. That d source board is the worst one I have ever tried to participate in. I never posted much, but when I did ask a question, i typically got two responses:
1)Use the shitty search function
2)If you have to ask that question, then maybe you are not worthy of Land Rover ownership.
I really like this board, and I hope it continues to grow. The best ones that I participate in seem to be the ones where people with a like minded interest share thoughts and information on that interest. When the main focus starts to be making money on the site, it will ultimately suffer. I appreciate what yall are doing here.

I agree 100%. There is an arrogance with that board...not to name any names. Most of the time my questions go unanswered. As far as their search option....It's useless. However, the board has a lot of good info. The best option (at least for me), is to use Google and add "defendersource.com" after or before the keyword(s) I'm searching for.

rovercolorado

That is why I will never search on that site on my mobile device since I don't have a real ad blocker. I have slowly added many sites to the list of "no longer go to on iPhone" and I have one more.

Smob

Hahaha - yes, good point, but I was referring to the screenshot. I will neither confirm nor deny that I saw such poo shirt advertisement.

Jburt

I feel like the classifieds drive views over there. It is THE place to buy or sell in the US.

I should add, that's why I've started putting all my easy maintenance stuff on here. It's what I got answered over there, and why I view (still at times) along with looking for a series grill someone wants to ditch when they do a replacement. I figure this way Google will show this site as well.

Last edited:

rovercolorado

I feel like the classifieds drive views over there. It is THE place to buy or sell in the US.

I should add, that's why I've started putting all my easy maintenance stuff on here. It's what I got answered over there, and why I view (still at times) along with looking for a series grill someone wants to ditch when they do a replacement. I figure this way Google will show this site as well.

I fully agree but I'm trying my best to stay away now that I've had some issues with purchases lately (see my light set for sale ad for instance). They look to be still adding new people and many overseas folks. They still show up for many interweb searches on tech write ups. I wish I could add more content on this site but just don't have the dollars to get many projects going these days.

Vasily

the silver lining for me is that over here, i can ask questions without the inevitable, "Search is your friend" or "try a search first"

And yes, i generally do try the search. But i'm not going to search 10 different combinations.... :)

jymmiejamz

Founding Member
Callsign: KN4JHI
the silver lining for me is that over here, i can ask questions without the inevitable, "Search is your friend" or "try a search first"

And yes, i generally do try the search. But i'm not going to search 10 different combinations.... :)

The search function on that site is horrible.

The_Vermonster

I had a feeling this would get deleted so I took a screenshot. Looks like some good changes coming. But don't tell anyone, it's supposed to be a secret.

Qityojb.png