Rear Seat Conversion

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
In my mind, I can imagine a world where front Defender seats can be fitted to the center row of a 110. This would require a simple, but made-up base, and maybe a cut out of the rear wheel arch.

Does anyone know of this being done? Anyone know where I can see pics?

I had been thinking about doing this for some time, but was putting it off. Now that the roll cage is in place, it seems like it kind of needs to be done.

O2batsea

Yup Jonathan did it to the Wolfmobile V1 several years ago.Can't recall if he did anything more than bolt the rails to the floor. Maybe. There may have been a box or something to bring then forward to match the original position.

Grnrvrs

Front seats in the 2nd row works, if you build a framework and go for only 2 of them. 3 are too wide, with the internal cage. I went through the mockup this past summer and ended up going with a puma bench.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tomaco1

I’m in the process of fitting D2 rear jump seats in the second row of my double cab.
I brought them to a guy to fab up, he said it was doable. I’m just waiting to hear back.
They are the black leather/leatherette that will match the Recaros in the front.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Thanks for the replies.

Two, with the center open is what I intend. I was hoping to actually lower them a bit, and now with the roll cage, I would want to bring them in 1-2" as well.

4RF RDS

I took the rear bench, removed the back, removed the seat base and modified the frame to fit two front seats (heated as well) and a cubby. Works great and took me just a couple hours of work to do it. It is super esay to now access the gera under the seats as well.

I also had to modify the locking mechanism to the seat back on each side and also cut the legs on the seat frame an inch shorter.

805D4046-9023-42AE-8E73-DF8130571D91.jpg
8776E5F4-EF2F-4EB1-AC38-A964EAFCD507.jpg
B41EE847-0D40-467B-9802-E63BEF9732C6.jpg
93FBEE1A-2D7D-48E9-9BC8-534EEF5F44AA.jpg

Good luck!

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
That looks great, just what I'm after. Except I would hope that I could drop them down an inch or so. What did you use for the base? And would it be possible to get them lower without cutting a slot in the wheel arch?

Uncle Douglas

Callsign: delete
lowering seat = less leg room due to slope of front of wheel arch. My first 110 had 2 front seats and a center console for second row, kids loved it.

4RF RDS

If you remove the sliding rail on the seat base and bolt it to the bench seat frame you will gat another inch. I cut the legs on the bench seat base an inch as well.

7C3B3006-8753-4EE6-9BC1-6E79050EAE79.jpeg

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Oh, so you cannibalized the bench seat frame, modified it a bit, and set the new seats on top of it?