110 300Tdi Exhaust

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
Can someone take a pic of how the exhaust sits as it exits out the back? I'm trying to figure out how to route this tail pipe over/under the mud flap, over/under the sway bar,... and why did I just now realize that I would need new hangers.....

Wilboro

Couple shots from the exhaust I installed this past fall.

Attachments

• IMG_1700.JPG
    IMG_1700.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_1701.JPG
    IMG_1701.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 206

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Thanks!

But do you expect me to believe this is for real? That must be a large scale model, it is way too clean to be a real Defender!

Wilboro

Thanks!

But do you expect me to believe this is for real? That must be a large scale model, it is way too clean to be a real Defender!

Well I don't drive it.....garage queen. In all seriousness I hope to be getting it dirty in a few weeks, three years off the road for restoration is a long time.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Does anyone know where I can get the hangers? I kind of thought the exhaust would come with the nuts to join the pieces together, and with the hangers.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Wait... I did find them on RN web site, but you have to manually search for them.

Then when you do find them, and put the three hangers in the cart, and the three bits of rubber to go with those hangers, the cart is ready to charge over $350! And that is after you do your homework and eliminate the extra bits they try to say you need when you make the order.

So then I looked in their parts guide book. In the book they have a full diagram and all of the alternative parts lined up so that you can see the Proline vs. Genuine right next to one another.

So the one you can find on the web site through a difficult search always pops up as the most expensive, and it may not even be the one needed, since there are several versions based on the VIN of your vehicle....

javelinadave

Administrator
Staff member
If you are not going for a factory restoration just stop by a muffler shop and grab a few. They should be pretty cheap.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Are they going to be the right angles and such? I have it strapped into place right now, and there really isn't a lot of room for any variation in the mounting points.

But I am leaning toward just getting a friend to weld them up for me.

I'll take your advice and check out the options locally. Thanks.

Kevin88RRC

I have a bunch of hangers from an old NRP removed from a Classic. Just the metal bits no rubbers. Not sure how or if they'll work for you but PM me if interested.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Could someone get pics of the (three?) exhaust hangers on a 110 with a 300Tdi?

I am able to order from YRM, they actually got back to me in less than 24 hours! But I want to make sure I'm ordering exactly what I need.

Wilboro

Here are the three on a 110. If you have a cat there is a fourth.

Attachments

• IMG_1765.jpg
    IMG_1765.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1768.jpg
    IMG_1768.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_1767.jpg
    IMG_1767.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 214

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
I don't have the mounting tab on my frame like you show in photo #3. And the arms coming off the exhaust don't match up with anything like that.

The center mount looks simple enough, but I don't think YRM has one that fits this spot, and I don't know what part number that would be to buy from another place.

The rear mount will work. YRM has that one.

Wilboro

I don't have the mounting tab on my frame like you show in photo #3. And the arms coming off the exhaust don't match up with anything like that.

The center mount looks simple enough, but I don't think YRM has one that fits this spot, and I don't know what part number that would be to buy from another place.

The rear mount will work. YRM has that one.

The hangers are the original ones from my 300tdi chassis, I just had them galvanized. The mounting points on the chassis may look slightly different than on the original stock chassis (this chassis is a Marsland ) but they bolted right back on no problem. What year is your chassis?

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
It is a 1988. I have no tab coming off the frame near the transfer case.

The one that sits further back looks like it is in the same spot yours is in, but YRM does not seem to have one that fits that spot.

I'm going to order the rear bracket, and the radiator brackets I know I need from them, but I think I may have to have the other two made. I'll dig through what Shipman has first, but having it made shouldn't be much of an issue. Would like to have it nice though, and galvanized!