defendersource dead??

LRNAD90

Some of the links at the top work, but the Forums Certainly are down.

Like it has been said, hopefully they are finally fixing the multiple problems that have been cropping up (most likely due to 'updates - need more revenue stream I guess, great way to get it.. LOL!)

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
I’ve noticed it being dead a few times in the last two weeks or so. 404, etc..

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Did any of you see how one of the admins posted a test profile....... with a picture of a Jeep?

LLOLOLOOLOOLOOL!

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Yeah, I go there to watch a few good threads. But I generally look for newbs that I then PM and tell to move to this site. Usually the information is blacked out on their end, so I just have to say, "the other site".

Mdubs

It’s hard to leave all that information over there, but I am getting a little fed up. Will be here more and more.

uc4me

I often think the technology ills of the site over there is like The Wizzard of Oz. There's one little green man pulling levers and pushing buttons.

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
So much for their transition to servers on the google cloud.
All AG forums seem to have evaporated.

chris snell

Administrator
Callsign: NW5W
Staff member
It appears that they're running on Kubernetes now. That's good infrastructure. Who knows what their problem is, though. I'm going to go with PHP misconfiguration or problems with persistent volumes.

Really, though... vBulletin is a bitch to run and getting worse every year. The original developers of the software (which we run, DiscoWeb runs, ExPo runs, and D90 runs) left the company years ago and it's practically unmaintained. Every new version is a nightmare to deal with.

Attachments

• 2018-05-23_1005x276.jpg
    2018-05-23_1005x276.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 213

AdamSanta85

Really, though... vBulletin is a bitch to run and getting worse every year. The original developers of the software (which we run, DiscoWeb runs, ExPo runs, and D90 runs) left the company years ago and it's practically unmaintained. Every new version is a nightmare to deal with.

Sounds like an Apportunity to me.

One of my final projects in school was building a web application that aggregates all of your disparate forum accounts/posts/etc into one application. I called it "Super Forums", works pretty good too.

chris snell

Administrator
Callsign: NW5W
Staff member
Why use vBulletin then? There are many other better options.

Not really. Most of the other options are slow and/or have security or scaling problems.

Maybe you know of one that I haven't seen yet. What did you have in mind?

The Dro

Illustrious
Eh, let it die. This site is superior in every way.
Amen to that. I miss the old D90S to be honest.

Probably, but with the exception of the wealth of knowledge accumulated over there, hate to lose the ability to search that..
It?s hard to leave all that information over there, but I am getting a little fed up. Will be here more and more.
I dunno about this guys... and I've know some of these guys for over 15 years.

Yes, there's some information there... but if you really want good documented repairs... go to UK forums.

Agreed-

Everyone, tell all your friends over there to migrate to this site :D

exactly

RDavisinVA

Technical Excellence Contributor
Black window is jumping all over my screen making the other site unusable.
No confidence in the other site's reliability.

RDavisinVA

Technical Excellence Contributor
Here's something I've been hoping for.
This site has 337 active users at the time of this post.
The other site has 215 active users at the time of this post.