R380 filler plug (square drive)

chris snell

Administrator
Callsign: NW5W
Staff member
Does anybody remember the part number for a square drive replacement plug that can be substituted for the Torx T55 drive standard filler plug in the R380? I always forget to bring that T55 bit and it would be so much easier to just have a square drive plug. I heard Ashcroft does these by default. Possibly a Series part.

Dan kemper

Founding Member
Callsign: KK6ECF
Chris i don't have a part number but search TD5 wading plug and you will find what you seek

AdamSanta85

Why would you ever need to remove your transmission fill plug on the trail? Not trying to be testy, just curious. I plan to change my tranny fluid every 15kish or 2 years. That is the only time I would touch the fill/drain.

DefendersNW

Does anybody remember the part number for a square drive replacement plug that can be substituted for the Torx T55 drive standard filler plug in the R380? I always forget to bring that T55 bit and it would be so much easier to just have a square drive plug. I heard Ashcroft does these by default. Possibly a Series part.

Take it to the biggest local plumbing house you can find and see what they have that will match - tapered pipe thread

NPT90

Take it to the biggest local plumbing house you can find and see what they have that will match - tapered pipe thread

I was about to say, doesn't need to be a special part, just match it up!

Now I am questioning my trail kit :p