Re-attaching rear view mirror

aeo

I need to re-attach my rear view mirror. It?s mounted in the headliner. I can?t get to go back. Is there a trick to this?

DefendersNW

Make sure the small spring arm is not bound (a little lube) - push the spring arm into the body of the mirror at the corner of the mounting rectangle and in a twisting motion slide the other side into the mounting space.

Hope this helps as the first couple times you do it it's a buggar - but once you get the motion down it's not too bad

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
Yeah, it actually goes on well. It's about getting the right angle/leverage, and it will just screw right in.

aeo

Make sure the small spring arm is not bound (a little lube) - push the spring arm into the body of the mirror at the corner of the mounting rectangle and in a twisting motion slide the other side into the mounting space.

Hope this helps as the first couple times you do it it's a buggar - but once you get the motion down it's not too bad

Yeah, it actually goes on well. It's about getting the right angle/leverage, and it will just screw right in.

Thanks. I'll lube it up some more. If not I'll just bring it on our Seattle road trip.

4RF RDS

I find if you put your elbow on the dash as a brace and use this the push up it works much better. As stated, make sure the springy thingy and angled bit is in there first then push up and it clicks in.

Classic4X4

For some reason this is one of the worst things you have to do. Sucks in the early FJ-40's even worse. Lot of leverage and upward pressure and it will click in. Good suggestion with elbow on the dash^^^