Has anyone shipped a rolling chassis?

Rwollschlager

Hi all,

Looking for some pointers or advice. I?m acquiring a 88 rolling chassis located in San Antonio, TX and looking to get it up to Omaha, NE around mid August. I?ve been looking at flying out to San Antonio, renting a Uhaul, loading it in the back, and driving back up to Omaha, but after flight, rental, fuel and time it doesn?t really seem like a cost effective option. Has anyone shipped just a rolling chassis before? Any recommendations on shipping companies?

Thanks!

-Rob

SARTech

Road trip.
I drove from NW Washington State to north Texas to pick up a CJ5. It was a family deal, Im not much of a Jeep guy. I took two of my kids with me, we had a great time, saw some cool places and made great memories that will far outlast me or the old jeep.

Just a suggestion. Anyway good lock getting your chassis home.

mgreenspan

Founding Member
I've shipped a rolling non-running series. Does it have a steering column? You should call Carla with bullseye shipping(+15305296972) or Athena(Hall?) can't find the number but Doug has it.

jymmiejamz

Founding Member
Callsign: KN4JHI
x2 for Athena. She's handled shipping my Defender across the country twice now.

U-ship would probably be the cheapest and probably also low risk since there is no body to get damaged. From what I've read the transporters can be pretty flakey for pickup.