Mistery Plugs

The Dro

Illustrious
Any idea what are these for? There where not hooked up and all the electrical on my truck was (is) working.

And please don't tell me one of them it's a relay plug... :D

Attachments

• 20170418_133218.jpg
    20170418_133218.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 161
  • 20170419_164630.jpg
    20170419_164630.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 162

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
Do you know anything about the history of your truck? The yellow one looks like a h4 plug. Was it ever Military/Police etc use? Have you found where they go?

The Dro

Illustrious
No... No history. It looks like it's part of the harness.

I did remove 2 others that were for lights. But this one is embedded with the rest of the wires.

Jrose609

Any idea what are these for? There where not hooked up and all the electrical on my truck was (is) working.

And please don't tell me one of them it's a relay plug... :D

I have a spare relay plug too......for what I do not know

Attachments

• IMG_4735.JPG
    IMG_4735.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 169

Uncle Douglas

Callsign: delete
The later mains were made to be both petrol and diesel. On the Perentie we just converted to LHD the "extra" plugs were labeled "petrol only".
Also depends on how a truck was configured- ie a truck that left the factory as a soft top wouldn't have a relay in the rear wiper relay socket etc.

A few mins with a wiring diagram with the wire colors would figure out what the 5 pin relay plug is for.

The Dro

Illustrious
The later mains were made to be both petrol and diesel. On the Perentie we just converted to LHD the "extra" plugs were labeled "petrol only".
Also depends on how a truck was configured- ie a truck that left the factory as a soft top wouldn't have a relay in the rear wiper relay socket etc.

A few mins with a wiring diagram with the wire colors would figure out what the 5 pin relay plug is for.
That's what I thought about that plug... being used for petrol... but the colors don't match.

A few minutes my arse... cabron. :)

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
I'll check when I get home, but I think I have the same 6-spade plug in my V8 wiring harness. It seems to be unused, but not 100% sure myself. Is this under the steering column?