BFG KM3's

Jeff B

Anyone seen these fo' real?

I see that they are only offering 4 sizes for 16" wheels.
265/75
285/75
305/70
315/75

Will they discontinue the KM2 soon?

Jeff B

Tire sizes are all over the place, but I swear I remember the 255's being listed as closer to 34" overall diameter. Now they are 33.07.

Erik

If you're on Instagram, check out @the4x4center

They are a shop in Burlington, VT. I worked with them and provided 5" lifts for 2 D110 and 1 D90 that were being shipped out west for the KM3 launch.

donb

I love mine. Did great on the rocks/trails of The Cove. As smooth, but only a tiny bit louder than TA/KO's on the highway.

Not that I'm looking to buy new tires but for some reason I'm a tire spec and info whore.

Are the Toyo's a true 33"? I remember reading that they were a little taller than KM2's in the 255 size.

I have a set of Interco SSR 35x10.5" in the garage and 255 KM2's on my 110. I wish there was a tire right in between the 2 in height.

85RED110

Not that I'm looking to buy new tires but for some reason I'm a tire spec and info whore.

Are the Toyo's a true 33"? I remember reading that they were a little taller than KM2's in the 255 size.

I have a set of Interco SSR 35x10.5" in the garage and 255 KM2's on my 110. I wish there was a tire right in between the 2 in height.

Ill throw a tape measure on mine later today, and let you know.

LRNAD90

For what its worth, manufacture's website quotes the 'Inflated Overall Diameter" as 33.5" for the 255/85-16 and 33.0" for the 285/75-16..

mgreenspan

Founding Member
You guys can read the reviews of treadwright on dweb if you want. I would only recommend them if you are the type of person to throw on a different set of wheels and tires on to go offroading.

Having used three sets of treadwright tires I can tell you this. They are safe. They last normal tire lifespan treadwise. They balance easily. They work great off and on road. The new remould method of re-doing the entire carcass is better than their old method; however, 2 out of 4 from my last set of 285/70r17s that were on a Dodge Ram 2500 starting cracking after about 1 year.

If you care about how your tires work and don't freak out if they look old, use them as a second set and use your money on a set of nice street tires. If you are trying to save a few bucks just wait another month and pay $200 per tire. Yokohamas are like $5 more than these and are infinitely better.

If you are trying to be cheapfuckese, I don't recommend then at all. They have their place. It isn't on a daily driver. Feel free to give them a spin, but when you start liking at your tires in detail for potential safety reasons every day you'll eventually regret saving $5-45 per tire.