Comcast / Xfinity Forum members - need help?

hillstrubl

Founding Member
Hey guys (and girls),
I'm at Comcast (corporate headquarters) and I wanted to extend an offer that if you are having any issues from technical to billing/account issues, to message me directly, I can help. A major overhaul of the customer experience from a corporate perspective is underway and one of the things that helps create satisfied customers (residential and commercial) is direct assistance. Again, any issue you're having, reach out to me and I'll see what I can do.
-Danny

chris snell

Administrator
Callsign: NW5W
Staff member
Thanks for the offer. I was a biz class Comcast customer when I lived in Tacoma and support was sometimes a little lacking, especially on the account management/sales side.

I'm in Kansas now and I'm on gigabit AT&T fiber. It's pretty sweet.

mgreenspan

Founding Member
Sounds good. I always get mixed vibes from Comcast. The guys that come out to do service calls are all super knowledgeable and the folks that mod/work the xfinity help forum seem to understand a lot. The guys on the phone never have any clue.

I recently had issues with the lines themselves coming from across the street and the node over there, too. Whenever it rained the connectivity would go down. It took so much over the phone until I searched everything on the forums about water/weather related issues. Everything over the phone was always, "your modem and internet are working" even though they weren't. As soon as the service tech showed up(who used to fly with one of the guys I fly with now) it was obvious to him that it wasn't working at all.

If you can fix that phone center tech help nonsense it would resolve my issues with Comcast and probably folks like me who know a bit about how things are supposed to work and when it's obviously not right.

I also don't know if it's normal practice for Comcast or what but all the techs that have come out to my place for work orders have always left their cell phone contacts to call them directly, too. They've also all been ex-military guys so that could be why, maybe.

For the record I was only able to get AT&T where I used to live in Mississippi. I was very thankful to be rid of them and have the option of getting Comcast. Despite the problems I've had with service that have all been resolved now, I've been pretty pleased.

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
Attaboy! I've subscribed to this thread, as Comcast provide the service in my firm's new office space while I'm fios at home.
We're a financial services company providing Corporate Benefits (401k asset management, Health, and employee benefits); as well as personal wealth management and Personal benefits (life, disability etc).
In the spirit of helping, y'all welcome to ask me questions that I can help you with. PM's only, lets keep this thread to good ol Comcast.

hillstrubl

Founding Member
Sounds good. I always get mixed vibes from Comcast. The guys that come out to do service calls are all super knowledgeable and the folks that mod/work the xfinity help forum seem to understand a lot. The guys on the phone never have any clue.

I recently had issues with the lines themselves coming from across the street and the node over there, too. Whenever it rained the connectivity would go down. It took so much over the phone until I searched everything on the forums about water/weather related issues. Everything over the phone was always, "your modem and internet are working" even though they weren't. As soon as the service tech showed up(who used to fly with one of the guys I fly with now) it was obvious to him that it wasn't working at all.

If you can fix that phone center tech help nonsense it would resolve my issues with Comcast and probably folks like me who know a bit about how things are supposed to work and when it's obviously not right.

I also don't know if it's normal practice for Comcast or what but all the techs that have come out to my place for work orders have always left their cell phone contacts to call them directly, too. They've also all been ex-military guys so that could be why, maybe.

For the record I was only able to get AT&T where I used to live in Mississippi. I was very thankful to be rid of them and have the option of getting Comcast. Despite the problems I've had with service that have all been resolved now, I've been pretty pleased.

These are exactly the issues that they're trying to tackle from a corporate level. Its less about retraining the reps in content and more about training them to ask the right questions and not apply a "cookie cutter" approach to different problems/customers. They have entire teams manning social media (how I usually got help prior to being an employee) and they're in the progress with modernizing the approach to CS, especially the "guys on the phone". One of the biggest things they're working on (that I'm in the process of testing) are few new ways to empower customers who don't want to join the general queue and/or diagnose/resolve themselves, more on that later... Specific example of that school of thought is the increasing amount of Self-Install kits that go out each month. Why wait for the cable guy when you can plug it in yourself whenever you're ready? - Re: leaving their number, that is becoming the norm too. When I (finally) added Xfinity home a few weeks ago, the installer left his card and said "any issues, please call me directly".

The biggest issue is that for every dozen good experiences, the ones that get remembered are the negative experiences.

--

Also, full disclosure, I'm not in the Customer Service/Customer Experience side of Comcast, I work in Technology and Product (aka Product Engineering), but every employee has been tapped to improve the image of the company as a whole.

chris snell

Administrator
Callsign: NW5W
Staff member
Also, full disclosure, I'm not in the Customer Service/Customer Experience side of Comcast, I work in Technology and Product (aka Product Engineering), but every employee has been tapped to improve the image of the company as a whole.

OK, I have one for you, since you work in Product. Some of the guys on my team are still back in Tacoma and I have a biz class account for their office. One of the perks of having a Comcast account is that you can use their public wifi hotspots by logging in with your account credentials. We use this frequently when I visit the team and work out of the local coffeeshop (also a Comcast customer) with them.

I've noticed that when I use this hotspot, I get Comcast banners periodically injected into page content when I browse over non-encrypted HTTP. This is done by the hotspot via MITM proxy I presume. When it happens, it looks like this:

PyzEtZo.png

Whoever had the idea to do MITM JavaScript injections in customers browsers should be smacked. What an awful idea! This was the impetus to move DiscoWeb and NAS-ROW onto HTTPS but there's nothing that I can do about non-secured sites.

Can you pass this feedback along?

FlyersFan76

One thing that the guys on the street should NEVER do is when hooking up a new customer do not disconnect a live line from what customer to that new customer. The current customer will loose their signal and be really mad. The new customer will be pissed off when this happens on a holiday weekend and has to wait a couple days for a technician to come back out and do it properly.

On funny note. The people on the phone should stop saying, "Thank you for choosing Comcast." In a lot of areas there is not "choice." lol

No more rants I promise.

LR Max

It seems like lately, here in Atlanta, Comcast has leveled out and has been pretty good. I don't really have any gripes with them.

Since I got my own modem and the google wifi thingie, all has been well. Our internet at home is stupid fast, and usually a touch above what we pay for. We don't really use it, but its nice to have.

Now if they randomly increase my rate again for no reason, then I'll be upset. However if they keep up like they are doing, there might not be a reason to go over to google internet.

hillstrubl

Founding Member
OK, I have one for you, since you work in Product. Some of the guys on my team are still back in Tacoma and I have a biz class account for their office. One of the perks of having a Comcast account is that you can use their public wifi hotspots by logging in with your account credentials. We use this frequently when I visit the team and work out of the local coffeeshop (also a Comcast customer) with them.

I've noticed that when I use this hotspot, I get Comcast banners periodically injected into page content when I browse over non-encrypted HTTP. This is done by the hotspot via MITM proxy I presume. When it happens, it looks like this:

PyzEtZo.png

Whoever had the idea to do MITM JavaScript injections in customers browsers should be smacked. What an awful idea! This was the impetus to move DiscoWeb and NAS-ROW onto HTTPS but there's nothing that I can do about non-secured sites.

Can you pass this feedback along?

I can, full disclosure I don't get it either.

One thing that the guys on the street should NEVER do is when hooking up a new customer do not disconnect a live line from what customer to that new customer. The current customer will loose their signal and be really mad. The new customer will be pissed off when this happens on a holiday weekend and has to wait a couple days for a technician to come back out and do it properly.

On funny note. The people on the phone should stop saying, "Thank you for choosing Comcast." In a lot of areas there is not "choice." lol

No more rants I promise.

I'm not sure I follow, disconnect an existing customer in the same building/node/neighborhood/street in order to install (instead) a new customer? There's no way that's policy and/or in the install-repair training...

FlyersFan76

I'm not sure I follow, disconnect an existing customer in the same building/node/neighborhood/street in order to install (instead) a new customer? There's no way that's policy and/or in the install-repair training...

The installer physically unscrewed the wire to my neighbors unit and connected my wire to the live one. If I had my tools and a ladder I could have fixed it myself but I didn't. :( Couple days later we had an installer run a new line from across the street so all is good.