NAS-ROW - The Land Rover Defender Forum  

Go Back   NAS-ROW - The Land Rover Defender Forum > NAS-ROW Technical Forums > Defender Technical Discussions

Old 09-11-2018, 11:50 PM   #1
gravitysucks

Default Red poly(bush) bushings

Hoping to hear from those that have/had them about the ride "quality." I've had blue on my 90 for about 15 years, they need to be replaced. I ordered orange, red came in the delivery. If there isn't all that big a difference between orange and red, I'd be inclined to keep them, But, searching old posts, I can't find all that much positive written about the red. I used to take my 90 off road, now "off road" is more loosely defined as dirt roads and easy trails. I have a CJ5 and am building a 7 in case I feel the need to go off road and dent something.

For those that have, or have had the red bushings, let me know what you thought of the ride.
gravitysucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:45 AM   #2
Roverman2010

Member Trucks

All depends on the manufacturer, red "Polybush" ones seemed to hard for road use, where orange "Polybush" ones are an ideal one for mixed driving.
Roverman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:27 AM   #3
CDN38

Member Trucks

I have been running orange Polybush on my 110, for about 4 years now. Very happy with the ride and feel. Pretty sure the red is going to be stiffer than the orange if they are Polybush Brand.

Where did you get your kit from gravitysucks? What did the packaging look like? I know that Allmakes used to carry Polybush then they came up with there own brand and started shipping them instead of the Polybush brand.

It's a bit like Q Tips and Kleenex.... Is it a Polybush (just a poly bushing) or Polybush brand bushings.
CDN38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:54 AM   #4
gravitysucks

They’re Polybush brand. Haven’t seen much feedback on the orange, ordered them mainly due to negative feedback I’ve read over the years (the other site) about the red, but it seems a lot of comments came from people that hadn’t actually driven with the red in their vehicle. Since my driving is more road oriented these days, I wasn’t going to go with the blue again. That’s why asked, I was looking for any feedback from those that have used them (orange or red). I’ll be sending them back for orange.
gravitysucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:13 PM   #5
Napalm00
Shaft! (Can you dig it?)

Red is stiffest , original firm poly ride
Orange is stiffer than stock but originally for series and fc
Blue is equivalent to stock

This only applies to polybush brand

https://www.dingocroft.co.uk/acatalog/polybush.htm

I use the britpart yellow/black they are stock firmness equivalent but with better articulation , cheap and work great
Napalm00 is offline   Reply With Quote