NAS-ROW - The Land Rover Defender Forum  

Go Back   NAS-ROW - The Land Rover Defender Forum > NAS-ROW Technical Forums > LS Engine Conversions

Old 10-12-2018, 11:35 PM   #21
Uncle Douglas

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckc4 View Post
they can pick and choose what they want to do. That is the prerogative of many successful businesses.
This /\ . How you approach a business to take on a large project has everything to do with the response you get.

Ed Bear ?

Vehicle Shipment and Import
Logistics Services Worldwide

Defender Restoration and Modification
Located in Central Virginia
Uncle Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 08:31 AM   #22
copleymotorcars

I think what many don't understand, is that ECR is not pumping out $150k "builds" like many of the newcomer shops.

It's a $300k plus project with them, if you supply your own decent NAS 110 or NAS 90. Just a different league. And, it's worth every penny. Those of you who know, know.

I can tell an ECR 110 from 100 feet away because they are put together so square. No one, no one, does it like Mike's crew.

adam

www.copleymotorcars.com

adam@copleymotorcars.com / tel. +1 781-444-4646
copleymotorcars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:57 AM   #23
SMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by copleymotorcars View Post
I think what many don't understand, is that ECR is not pumping out $150k "builds" like many of the newcomer shops.

It's a $300k plus project with them, if you supply your own decent NAS 110 or NAS 90. Just a different league. And, it's worth every penny. Those of you who know, know.

I can tell an ECR 110 from 100 feet away because they are put together so square. No one, no one, does it like Mike's crew.

adam

I?ve seen a few pristine builds that would rival the ECR trucks I?ve seen in person. Perhaps the difference is the level of ?stock/genuine/factory? parts. Fit and finish...debatable.

You make my point, ECR?s customer base is not enthusiasts. And again, absolutely nothing wrong with that. Same as the cherry NAS and NAS ECR trucks you market. I?m very pleased ECR and Copley keep the high end of the market in good order!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:15 PM   #24
The_Vermonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMac View Post
You make my point, ECR?s customer base is not enthusiasts. And again, absolutely nothing wrong with that. Same as the cherry NAS and NAS ECR trucks you market. I?m very pleased ECR and Copley keep the high end of the market in good order!
I think you're falsely trying to equate expensive builds with non-enthusiasts. The guy I bought my truck from had zero interest in the brand or lineage. He just saw a cool 4x4 that he could put fat tires on and bomb through the woods. He probably would have been happier buying a 90s Cherokee.

On the other hand I've worked with a man who has a barn full of cars that are each worth $200k+. He can't drive them due to medical reasons so he pays someone to drive him and the car to car shows all over the place. He sits in a chair next to the car and chats for hours with people.

I wouldn't say people that are willing to pay for the quality ECR is know for aren't enthusiasts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
The_Vermonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:20 PM   #25
Red90

From what I see, the people going to ECR are people that actually use them. They are looking for reliability and quality, not bling.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:24 PM   #26
SMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Vermonster View Post
I think you're falsely trying to equate expensive builds with non-enthusiasts. The guy I bought my truck from had zero interest in the brand or lineage. He just saw a cool 4x4 that he could put fat tires on and bomb through the woods. He probably would have been happier buying a 90s Cherokee.

On the other hand I've worked with a man who has a barn full of cars that are each worth $200k+. He can't drive them due to medical reasons so he pays someone to drive him and the car to car shows all over the place. He sits in a chair next to the car and chats for hours with people.

I wouldn't say people that are willing to pay for the quality ECR is know for aren't enthusiasts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Nah, it?s darn hard to express opinions online, and I come across as having a very extreme left or right position when I do not intend to. Your point is very valid, I have family with rare Italian metal who drive them daily and are in every sense of the word ?enthusiasts.?

I would say my opinion is that based off my interactions and perception from afar, with pricing within the small NAS community just being one of the metrics.

But this is all neither here or there. We all agree ECR is tops in the business and they should have no apologies for doing it their way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SMac is offline   Reply With Quote