• 20160901_162414.jpg
    20160901_162414.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 392
  • 20160901_162417.jpg
    20160901_162417.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 395

Factoid

I should have done that.

All my VDO vision black gauges have a different black "rings" and I don't like it.

That?s bizarre. Mine were all the same, except to Adam?s point the clock which is sealed and you can?t change the illumination color. Perhaps I?m missing the point?

Attachments

• E9071705-A95D-4038-AF0F-0C4F4F450821.jpg
    E9071705-A95D-4038-AF0F-0C4F4F450821.jpg
    474.7 KB · Views: 283

Red90

The clock (370-155) really is not part of the Vision series, despite it being marketed that way. 370-100 seems to be the right one, but for some reason nobody stocks them.

AdamSanta85

The clock (370-155) really is not part of the Vision series, despite it being marketed that way. 370-100 seems to be the right one, but for some reason nobody stocks them.

I believe it is discontinued. If I remember correctly I asked VDO about this last time I was on the phone with them. It was also pretty expensive ($180ish)

Factoid

Well, your suspension may reject anything over 100 regardless of the power behind it. I’m lowered 2” with all new suspension and steering components. Once I calibrated my new speedo, I hit 110 out on interstate 10 and was terrified.

AdamSanta85

Well, your suspension may reject anything over 100 regardless of the power behind it. I?m lowered 2? with all new suspension and steering components. Once I calibrated my new speedo, I hit 110 out on interstate 10 and was terrified.

I have no intention of ever going that fast in a Defender, 85 was enough for me. I think the MPH/KMPH speedo looks nicer which only came in 150mph or 220mph instead of the 120mph.

Anyway getting off topic.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
Here's a general question about the VDO gauges in a Defender: Why are mine getting condensation inside them?

As far as I can tell, I'm not getting any water leaking behind the dash binnacle, and even if it were it would be running down the bulkhead. I keep the truck in the garage, and I try not to drive it on the real wet days. I even had a fan blowing on it with the doors open for over 24 hours.

javelinadave

Administrator
Staff member
Somehow you got moisture inside. Drive around with your dash lights on and that should heat things up enough to dry them out.

BenLittle

Callsign: KE7BEN
Here's a general question about the VDO gauges in a Defender: Why are mine getting condensation inside them?

As far as I can tell, I'm not getting any water leaking behind the dash binnacle, and even if it were it would be running down the bulkhead. I keep the truck in the garage, and I try not to drive it on the real wet days. I even had a fan blowing on it with the doors open for over 24 hours.

I mean, you live in Oregon ;)

Red90

They are not sealed at all. if it is that humid, I would get a dehumidifier. Condensation leads to rust, Rust leads to anger, Anger leads to hate, Hate leads to suffering.