Who makes wedges for front springs

Uncle Douglas

Callsign: delete
Need wedges for under the front spring cups. Springs are curved forward.
Saw these offered somewhere years ago but memory fails me

Uncle Douglas

Here's what I am looking to correct.

Not worried about geometry/function as they will work fine, and will compress a little when drive train, winch bumper, and body are on the truck. I am a tad concerned about fatigue/memory though.
Maybe a moot concern, springs are already 15+yrs old.

Attachments

• IMG_2463.JPG
    IMG_2463.JPG
    774.2 KB · Views: 243

Uncle Douglas

This from the guy who adress's everything and fixes it before hand.

I'd like to correct it as these springs can't be replaced. Gunna run them but hunting wedges.

Uncle Douglas

These are the Safari Gard progressive ones. @ Least 5 inches.

Underside of chassis @ lowest point is 24 inches off the ground. Going to have to learn to jump just to get in the thing.

donb

These are the Safari Gard progressive ones. @ Least 5 inches.

Underside of chassis @ lowest point is 24 inches off the ground. Going to have to learn to jump just to get in the thing.

What is the reason to run such a tall spring? LR HD springs on a Defender will clear 37" tires with taller bumpstops (and trimming or removing of fender flares). The UA2018 Range Rover is on 38" Falkens and sitting pretty low:

Attachments

• 03-ua2018-day0-check-in.jpg
    03-ua2018-day0-check-in.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 209

Uncle Douglas

What is the reason to run such a tall spring? LR HD springs on a Defender will clear 37" tires with taller bumpstops (and trimming or removing of fender flares). The UA2018 Range Rover is on 38" Falkens and sitting pretty low:

because we have them and want to finally run them on something ?:)

This is the take it to events "for fun" truck we are building from accumulated parts. Ie we didn't start with a vehicle and have no identity for what we are building. Will likely go Virginia's "replica" route, that unfortunately limits you to use of 5k miles a year.
We have a compete Safari Gard stage three suspension (not to be confused with Three Link) and thats what we are using. Going with the 12.5 x 35's you can see in the picture on old Safari Gard steel 8x15 rims.

4.0 gems from D1, disco r380 converted to longstick for use in a defender, Lt230q w 1.2 ratio, GBR 4:10's with ARB's. Rear axles are new old stock Rover Tracks ones. Td5 rear tub, galv bulkhead and chassis ( we hot dipped a pair of axle tubes and will likely set the ARB's up in those. The 24 spline stuff under the truck now will likely just be a place holder.

http://www.seriesdefender.com/manuals/Safari_Gard_brochure.pdf

The Dro

Illustrious
Need wedges for under the front spring cups. Springs are curved forward.
Saw these offered somewhere years ago but memory fails me
Cabron... Are you referring to the Old Man Emu ones? goes on the top.

OME80PR10 for 110
OME80PF10 for 90

Or these... OE?

NRC9700

donb

because we have them and want to finally run them on something ?:)

This is the take it to events "for fun" truck we are building from accumulated parts. Ie we didn't start with a vehicle and have no identity for what we are building. Will likely go Virginia's "replica" route, that unfortunately limits you to use of 5k miles a year.
We have a compete Safari Gard stage three suspension (not to be confused with Three Link) and thats what we are using. Going with the 12.5 x 35's you can see in the picture on old Safari Gard steel 8x15 rims.

4.0 gems from D1, disco r380 converted to longstick for use in a defender, Lt230q w 1.2 ratio, GBR 4:10's with ARB's. Rear axles are new old stock Rover Tracks ones. Td5 rear tub, galv bulkhead and chassis ( we hot dipped a pair of axle tubes and will likely set the ARB's up in those. The 24 spline stuff under the truck now will likely just be a place holder.

http://www.seriesdefender.com/manuals/Safari_Gard_brochure.pdf

Sweet sounding build! Kind of wish the RoverTracks rear axle kit was still for sale. For the front I think it's a little too complex/expensive/not necessary but for the rear it's a really nice setup for running bigger tires and having an electronic locker. Unless it's Rover Tracks 24 spline LR axle shafts.

5" of lift will be good for mud holes :D

Uncle Douglas

Don, yeah just those massive hard alloy rover 24 spline shafts. Diff will be a rover carrier with arb locker and 4:10 r&p. No toyota electric lockers like you had on your 90.

Uncle Douglas

Cabron... Are you referring to the Old Man Emu ones? goes on the top.

OME80PR10 for 110
OME80PF10 for 90

Or these... OE?

NRC9700

Pendejo,
No I am looking for a unique part, called a wedge, that goes under the front lower spring cup to level it up.See the picture and you will understand why.
Land Rover has not ever made a part for this application. I have the spring packers for the tops of the springs and yes they are already up there, but thank you for the help.