egauges.com going out?

WreckITFrank

Technical Excellence Contributor
anyone have any communications with egauges.com/Dons Sport in the past few weeks. I saw on a review that they may be filing soon. No response to emails, calls, and VM is maxed out so no new messages. Just curious as I needed to swap something and I have not been able to reach them. My wife did buy me some gauges in June, but she said it was a song and dance getting a hold of them. Thanks.

Napalm00

I ordered a gauge and they cancelled the order a few days later. I don't think it's them , it seems that vdo is having worldwide shortages

WreckITFrank

I ordered a gauge and they cancelled the order a few days later. I don't think it's them , it seems that vdo is having worldwide shortages

Maybe, but they wont answer any calls on any of their departments, nor answer any emails. VM is full too. Lots of things make me wonder. I cant find them on any social media either. I hope not, great prices.

Mdubs

I ordered some vdo gauges and they delayed the order due to backordered Speedo. Hard to get a hold of but responded relatively quickly via e-mail. Ended up getting the Speedo and Sender they didn't have from Lauderdale Speedometer. It was more expensive, but they had the parts on the shelf. Egauges refunded the money for the 2 parts and shipped the rest.

red64chevelle

Same here. I placed an order on Saturday. I received an e-mail today that all three gauges I ordered were backordered and they we canceling my order. I ended up buying all three on Amazon. I ended up paying a little more, but Amazon listed all three of them as being in-stock (VDO Vision EGT, 0-30 Boost, and Clock).

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
I was literally thinking of getting a boost gauge just today.... Maybe I should order one before it isn't a thing anymore?

It seems more like egauges.com would be going out of business, or having trouble with supply, than a company like VDO. But....????

mitherial

I attempted to order the VDO oil sender kit and oil filter sandwich adapter that someone recommended on the VDO gauges thread last week, and both items were cancelled with no estimated stock date. I found the kit and an alternate sandwich sender setup from GlowShift on Amazon, complete with fast shipping. Egauges did send me a message but communication was very confusing as the message had the details of someone else?s order.

One of my pet peeves of old Land Rover ownership is parts websites that don?t indicate whether a part is in-stock or not (Im looking at you John Craddock.com!), but I suppose this is a given for all vintage vehicles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WreckITFrank

I placed an order for the hell of it, got cancelled as expected. I would assume this is the beginning of the end. If anyone has a Vision 4" speedo, let me know, otherwise probably going to order from another suggested site from above.

Napalm00

Summit, jegs, discountgauges, ebay and amzn all have stock . I think it's just these guys

Uncle Douglas

Callsign: delete
Every order I ever placed with egauges was drop shipped from VDO. My take is the site was a purchase portal with fulfillment by VDO.