1991 RHD EX-Mod 110

I bought the truck from a company that specializes in getting defenders from the UK ready for import to the US. I originally considered doing it myself, but decided that it would be best to let a professional handle getting it ready for export since I did not want to risk having any issues with US customs. I decided on an EX-MOD truck since they are usually better maintained than personal vehicles. Truck shows 188000 Kms, but that might go up a smidge as I drive around town.

I bought it in May and it took the company about 3 months to take care of any problem rust issues including the footwells and underseat boxes. Bulkhead is in great shape with no rust. Rear crossmember is like new. They gave it a quick paint job to cover the ugly Ministry of Defense paint, and give it a good mechanical once over, replacing any parts that were unserviceable. I have tons of pics from this resto and can send you anything I have.

The truck breezed through customs and titling it in the states was fairly simple. Since then I?ve been doing a driving resto-mod myself and it?s turned out to be quite a reliable and fun daily driver. Apart from the original light resto, the only thing I?ve gone to a shop for is to install the suspension and the anti corrosion treatment on frame and underbody. Also installed by a shop (Hill Country British) was the new fuel tank and sender as it was an insurance claim.

Engine runs very, very strong and only very lightly smokes at startup until it gets warm. After that only a little black smoke if under heavy load as is normal in all diesels.

I am selling due to an opportunity to buy a Series 3 that I?ve always wanted and the wife decreeing that we live in a single rover household. Priced to move quickly. Gonna go up on ebay some time next week, just figured i?d offer it here first.

The Good:

-Full engine service including timing belt <2000 miles ago
-New Paintjob in Matte Gunmetal Grey
-Full Fluids Flush including <1000 miles
-Belts replaced <1000 miles
-5 new 285/75/R16 AMP All Terrain Pro < 1000 miles on them
-+2? OME Springs, Heavy duty front, Medium Rear. Great smooth Ride <1500 miles
-+2? OME Nitrocharger sport shocks <1500 miles
-Proper castor correction installed
-2 Sparco R100 Black Leatherette Front Seats with removable bases.
-2 x Exmoor lock and fold rear seats
-Power Steering
-Rear Tire Carrier
-Bearmach rock sliders
-New Fuel tank and sender unit
-Upgraded Headlights from 2014 defender
-Raptor lined interior tub and forward area
-Frame treated with anti-rust treatment
-New Rear Door and Glass wired for defrost
-New Britpart radiator with integrated oil cooler > 2000 miles
-Raptor Engineering Binnacle
-Raptor Engineering Pod
-Raptor Engineering Extended Fuse Box Cover with dual USB outlets and cigarette lighter 12v receptacle
-Bussman Fuse Relay Block
-Terra Firma Winch Bumper
-Brownchurch Roof Rack
-Brownchurch Ladder
-4 x Hella Rallye 2000 on roof rack
-2 x Hella 500 FF on winch bumper
-2 x Hella 4? Optilux LED Floods on rear of roof rack
-6 x carling switches
-VDO Vision Black Fuel Gauge
-VDO Vision Black Oil Pressure Gauge
-VDO Clock
-VDO Vision Black External Temperature Gauge
-VDO Vision Black Oil Temperature Gauge
-VDO Vision Black Voltmeter

The Bad:

Most of this is just stuff that I?ve meant to get to, but never got the chance
New paintjob is not the best. There seems to have been an adhesion issue over the passenger side capping and there is some peeling there. Looks good just about everywhere else.
Pass Side door frame has some rust at the bottom.
Bonnet frame has some rusty spots.
-Bodywork is straight but there are a few dings.
-Pass side rear hub is leaking a bit. I can change the bearing for the cost of the parts if you want.
-I did not Raptor line the roof or side panels as I had intended to get a soft top eventually.
-Truck could use new door seals.
-I have not installed the rear seatbelts, they and their hardware will be included. -I just honestly never had cause to use the seats

Truck runs truly amazing and strong. I am including with the purchase a Bulkhead delete bar that I purchased for it. I also have a VDO MPH Speedometer with GPS sender and a VDO coolant temp with sender that I can include for what I paid for them. I can also include just about everything I?ve replaced on the truck if you want it. I?ll post more pics in a coupe of days including the pass door bottom and paint issue.

For tons more pics and to see what has been done to it, you can check out the IG @projectavila

Asking 18000 obo in Houston, Tx.

Willing to ship on your dime.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_3594.jpg
    IMG_3594.jpg
    385.4 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_0907.jpg
    IMG_0907.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 261