Looking for a journal...

chris snell

Administrator
Callsign: NW5W
Staff member
Does anybody remember the two British guys who drove the ex-MOD 110 from the US to South America? They did it with the 2.5NA and virtually no "expedition" gear. It was an epic trip and the blog was really funny and well-written. I don't remember too many of the details except that they paid some Honduran guy to paint their truck baby blue with a paintbrush because they were uncomfortable running a military-looking vehicle down there.

I've been looking for their site everywhere but not having any luck. I would love to read it again, if only to get a chuckle and laugh at their awesomely shitty truck and marvel at what you can do without buying an Overland Bound Starter Pack.

stu454

Callsign: KN4CBB
Bookmarked. That route.......

latin_america_map1.jpg

I can't wait to dive into the entries.

Coniston

Undoubtedly one of the best Land Rover trip journal sites, ever. This kind of stuff is severely lacking in the era of Instagram.

The Africa Overland Network is a great source for these indie trip sites. Unfortunately a lot of older links are broken, but anything you can get to from back then especially is great -- as is some of the Web 1.0 design.

http://www.africa-overland.net/

Very few of these trips/trucks subscribe to the Overland Bound Aesthetic. The Ihana guys didn't even have an electric winch. Yet they all were doing what many aspire to.