Moving to Omaha - Any Landy Shops out there?

Bunyan

I?m taking my ?88 110 with me to Omaha, NE and wonder if anyone knows of any decent shops or other Rover owners out there?

I might have to buckle up and put an EFI in her to handle the cold.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UnfrozenCaveman

I'm in Des Moines...wave when you go through :)

There are a handful of forum members in the Omaha/Lincoln area.

Let me know if you don't get any replies.

35 degrees this morning...raining this afternoon...was 5 yesterday...yeah, we like variety :)

Bunyan

I'm in Des Moines...wave when you go through :)

There are a handful of forum members in the Omaha/Lincoln area.

Let me know if you don't get any replies.

35 degrees this morning...raining this afternoon...was 5 yesterday...yeah, we like variety :)

Thanks, will do. I?m from MN originally so remember the cold. Definitely not used to it anymore.
I think I remember reading a post somewhere that you were in Des Moines.
Looking forward to the move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lmwong

There are a few Defenders in Omaha. I sent you a PM. Welcome to the land of road salt and snow!

chris snell

Administrator
Callsign: NW5W
Staff member
I'm down in Manhattan, KS. I'm not a mechanic but I do my own wrenching, out here in the sticks. You're always welcome to come down and wrench for a weekend.

Rwollschlager

I?m taking my ?88 110 with me to Omaha, NE and wonder if anyone knows of any decent shops or other Rover owners out there?

I might have to buckle up and put an EFI in her to handle the cold.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in Omaha and always have a rover in pieces at my place whether its mine or not. My garage is always open for anyone with a green oval either local or passing through. Best of luck with the move and see you when you get here!

-Rob

'67 Series IIA 109
'92 RRC

Bunyan

Hey Rob,
That?s great news. I?m not afraid to turn a krank just lack the knowledge on the things between the bumpers.
Thanks for reaching out.

Paul

UnfrozenCaveman

Only slightly off topic...Robert, what's this place west of you guys that I keep seeing "j@@p events" ??? Let's get together in May sometime.

Bunyan

I?m game, if my truck arrives in time. Got a link to their event?

Rwollschlager

Only slightly off topic...Robert, what's this place west of you guys that I keep seeing "j@@p events" ??? Let's get together in May sometime.

Broken Arrow Wilderness Area, Fullerton, NE? It looks like they have everything from mild to wild, but no rocks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5mSgIJinWo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvQVvvzFXuI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlvA29hFVtQ

I have yet to make it to any of their events. Tuttle Creek is about the same distance from me, so when/if I have the time I gravitate towards there. I haven't been there since Labor Day weekend of 2016 with Chris I think.

Either way I'll send you an email with some dates and we'll pencil something in!

-Rob

UnfrozenCaveman

O man, I haven't been down to Tuttle creek in ages. Made the mistake of camping there in October one year...ice inside the tent is NOT how I want to wake up :)

chris snell

Administrator
Callsign: NW5W
Staff member
I haven't been there since Labor Day weekend of 2016 with Chris I think.

Evan still talks about you and the trip to Tuttle Creek and how you got "stuck in the muck".

Attachments

• 15994634_10154584976321886_1727200123437151693_o.jpg
    15994634_10154584976321886_1727200123437151693_o.jpg
    652.1 KB · Views: 176