Low pressure leak from tdi injection pump

Chefdaddyscoti

I have a slow low pressure fuel drip that seems to be coming from where the head bolts to the body of the injection pump on my 200tdi I installed about 6 months ago. It?s beginning to get a little worse over the last 7500 miles ive driven the last few months. Any idea of a simpler fix than pulling the whole pump off for a rebuild. Defender is running great. Just annoying fuel drip. I?m not a mechanic. But I do a lot of the simple maintenance on my vehicle and I did do the swap myself. But the pump came with the motor. Again. Trucks runs perfect. Cranks up with just a touch of the key each time. Ideas?

Viton

Fuel in the injection pump (IP) is only under high pressure in the part where the injector lines leave the IP, and that's only when the engine is running.
So fuel won't "spray" from the seal here.
It's a bad seal.
Sorry to say, the pump will have to come off to get to the seal and replace it.

javelinadave

Administrator
Staff member
I did this repair on my 200Tdi without removing the IP. I found a write up on a VW forum and ordered the kit. I’ll try and find the link.

ghoregon

I just did this on my 200tdi a few weeks ago ago with the dieselgeek kit. As others have said, it really isn't too bad if you follow the instructions and start with a clean IP and engine bay. Someone experienced could probably do this repair in a bit over an hour. I took 3-4 hours but tend to work slowly and had never worked with the IP before.

You may want to replace your fuel stop solenoid at the same time since you'll have it out for the repair.

Good luck with the repair.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk