DI iPhone Aux

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
I've done some looking around, but have not come up with a good answer.

Has anyone ever figured out a good way to use a 3.5 jack with a stock Disco I (1998) stereo system?

I'd like to get this working for my son for Christmas.

Robert

I used to make an adapter that replaced the cd changer, but I thought all 4 people still driving D1s had bought one so I closed up the website. If you gotta have a plug and play solution and aren't in a rush PM me.

MBUS2.JPG

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
...But I thought all 4 people still driving D1s...

LOL!

I've owned 9 different Rovers. Two were bought from he dealership. My son's DI is the second cleanest (behind a 1993 RRC) and easily the smoothest, most powerful, quietest, and most leak, trouble, error-code free Land Rover I've ever owned. It's like owning a new Discovery Series I.

I'll PM.

Z.G

I used to make an adapter that replaced the cd changer, but I thought all 4 people still driving D1s had bought one so I closed up the website. If you gotta have a plug and play solution and aren't in a rush PM me.

MBUS2.JPG

This is the thread I texted you about, wasn't sure you were on this site

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
His antenna doesn't do so well at picking up a signal, and we live in a place that really doesn't have enough gaps in the spectrum to be able to reliably use one. Maybe they've gotten better since I last tried it?

Napalm00

Technical Excellence Contributor
we used a cheap $10 amazon bluetooth to FM to drive a box truck 3800 miles. worked great for about 97% of the trip. surprisingly well. if you have prime maybe its worth trying and return if you dont like it....super easy.

Or replace the factory stereo with a headunit

BarryO

I've owned 9 different Rovers. Two were bought from he dealership. My son's DI is the second cleanest (behind a 1993 RRC) and easily the smoothest, most powerful, quietest, and most leak, trouble, error-code free Land Rover I've ever owned. It's like owning a new Discovery Series I.

Agree. They're like a luxury, almost-Defender. Comfortable, easy to work on, relatively free from complicated, error-prone electronics (e.g. no "3 amigos"). Only downside is the awful gas mileage.
We really enjoyed the '97 D1 we bought new from the dealer (kids grew up in it). I had fun fixing up and wheeling in the '97 I bought in April, until it was killed last week. :(

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Yeah. Yours looked nice, even after the crash. Glad you are OK. And I showed my wife the pics because it made me feel better seeing that your airbags still worked!
My son is getting 14mpg on mixed driving.

WaltNYC

Years ago I wrote this up.

https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-i-39/ipod-mp3-player-integration-d1-52617/

The basic idea is to tap the audio lines from the CD player to the head unit and insert a couple of RCA jacks into which you can hook any source. That source can be wired or you can certainly add a Bluetooth adapter.

Since I am nearly always charging my phone while driving if figured one wire to charge AND play music was the way to go.

For Iphone I'd use something like this.....
https://www.amazon.com/AOAIS7505-Pl...5067350&sr=8-4&keywords=rca+lightning+adapter

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Thanks! I remember seeing someone do a splice job on Discoweb back in the day, and I may attempt something like this. But I'd rather get a non-invasive option, if possible. Have not had the time to look into it in the past few weeks, though.