aux fuel tank on nas d90

Vasily

What are the opinions on adding an aux fuel tank to a NAS d90?

Rovers North has what looks like a simple unit that mounts in the wheel well and gravity fees into the main tank.

I know nothing about gas tanks. Is this a smart idea or design?

Also, any real concerns about this being mounted outside the frame rails? I remember reading years ago that some folks added these style fuel tanks in conjunction with the old SG style corner guards.

I'd really like some additional range out of the d90. But I don't want to do something dumb.

Thanks!

DefendersNW

two good options - one you mentioned already. The inline gravity tank one is the easiest to use and has the lowest problem potential. Alternately a ROW undersea fuel tank can be fitted, but you will need to setup a transfer pump or tank switch petcock and pump power.

Bfulgham

Part number or link?

I?m interested in solving this problem, too. Could you post a link or part number for the gravity feeding aux tank? I was too dim witted to find this with a quick search...

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
They are sold by Rovers North. I have one. Definitely overcomes range anxiety that had me planning on 120 between gas stations on long drives...

Hmm my search powers have eluded me. Not seeing it on the RN site...

rlynch356

I get 220-230 miles with mine fitted. No issues rubbing off road with the 255/85-16 km2 as well (no spacers)

I usually refuel after it gets below 1/4th as well... I?ve seen 250 miles but don?t push it too much.

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
220 miles of pure interstate is very easy to achieve with the extra tank. I do tend on those longer runs take time to really fill the extra tank as much as possible.
The gas pump shuts off way too early-trickling in the extra fuel pays dividends.

jymmiejamz

Founding Member
Callsign: KN4JHI
I typically fill up after 250 miles and that usually isn't more than 19 gallons. I think my total capacity is around 22 gallons.