Throwback pictures!

Solarguy

Just curious about a thought that comes up when I look at some of these pics.... how old are some of you guys? I bought my first Rover when I was 29 or 30 years old, in 1998 or 1999. I'm 43 now. I've been lucky enough to have relatively few Rover problems with the nine vehicles I've owned. But looking at these pics makes me realize how and why you all know so much about these trucks compared to my noob status.

I am 47 and got my first rover when I was 17. It did t run and even then I had the bug. I was driving a jeep at the time. When I graduated from HS I got a 109 for graduation. The deal was I had to give my jeep to my dad so he could use it as a trade in.

Attachments

• IMG_1153.jpg
    IMG_1153.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 184

Jeff B

I bought my first Rover when I was 29 or 30 years old, in 1998 or 1999.

I bought my RRC the last week of December 1999.
I would've been 32 or 33??

I was actually shopping for either an 80 Land Cruiser or a Classic and this was cheaper(let's dont talk about hindsight...)

I found Discoweb and ROAV about a year or two later.
I didnt have a computer or internet in 1999.

It's been a slippery slope ever since....

(MAR 2014 w/ a frosty morning)

Attachments

• MAR 2014 134.jpg
    MAR 2014 134.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 193

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
So you were getting into the Rovers about the same time I was. I remember finding DWeb a while after getting the Disco.

And maybe I was more tired than I realized last night, but I really am 43 now, and only 25/26 when I got the Series. I have a few old pics I'll have to dig out as proof of life.

Solarguy, you are more like what my son is experiencing. I'm beginning to hand the LWB over to him as he learns to drive. I don't know if he'll stick with it, but we'll see.

chuckc4

Here are a couple of AB pics from the early 90's. I think 91.
The CT Range Rover was driven by a guy names Fred. He was a friend of Badger's. The 101 was driven by a guy named Dave and was owned buy a guy from the Ottawa club.

Was Martin the guy from Ottawa who owned that 101? He was a friend of Tom Bache's... I met Martin at the Killington event almost 20 years ago. I had a series I 107" pickup that I bought from Andreas D. I never should have sold that one, but I used the money to buy my first Defender.

Solarguy

Was Martin the guy from Ottawa who owned that 101? He was a friend of Tom Bache's... I met Martin at the Killington event almost 20 years ago. I had a series I 107" pickup that I bought from Andreas D. I never should have sold that one, but I used the money to buy my first Defender.

I think maybe. I met a lot of people from the Ottawa club but can't remember there names. I remember Dave and Tom Tollifson ( spelling?). Around 93 I went to Ottawa to buy a series 3 109 military. My friend bought the 101 in the pic and we towed my truck from RN to Florida. This was outside my grandparents house in upstate NY

Attachments

• IMG_1151.jpg
    IMG_1151.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 180

rovercolorado

Found a few old pictures of my D1 from 1999, I think. Holy Cross trail in Colorado with Matt Peterson (Rock Ware) guiding me through French Creek.

Attachments

• co_hcross_tw.jpeg
    co_hcross_tw.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 218

Jeff B

My old RRC with air plumbed into the bumper....

The Cove-- Gore, VA 2009

Attachments

• The Cove II 9-26-09 019.jpg
    The Cove II 9-26-09 019.jpg
    495.4 KB · Views: 221

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
10 years ago with the Northern California Land Rover Club, when they came to visit Oregon. This is on the dunes near Christmas Valley.

Attachments

• 7059AE31-FBC8-44B9-B6E4-10004CD98EDF.jpeg
    7059AE31-FBC8-44B9-B6E4-10004CD98EDF.jpeg
    591.8 KB · Views: 181

Uncle Douglas

Callsign: delete
Doing karaoke singing "Endless Love".

Nah, Robert isnt into that West coast sappy stuff. He's into manly East coast artists. It was a rendition of Village People "macho man", we were there and the scars run deep. You saw Marks sleeveless T in the other picture.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMqeNpP2PCo

The things people will sit through in order to get deals @ the parts auction @ the end of the evening.....

RDavisinVA

Technical Excellence Contributor
We went through a tractor trailer container load and auctioned it off in 2 hours.
There was no time for singing.

ezzzzzzz

Nah, Robert isnt into that West coast sappy stuff. He's into manly East coast artists. It was a rendition of Village People "macho man", we were there and the scars run deep. You saw Marks sleeveless T in the other picture.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMqeNpP2PCo

The things people will sit through in order to get deals @ the parts auction @ the end of the evening.....

That was my wife beater T-shirt, Uncle Dougie.