Floor jacks

jymmiejamz

Founding Member
Callsign: KN4JHI
I just bought the aluminum one from HF. We had several in Manhattan at the dealership and they held up much better than the old American stuff. They are also dirt cheap, so if something breaks we would just buy another.

Uncle Douglas

Callsign: delete
I like the idea of the jack stand jack. Recently had a blow out on the f250 while towing. Needed to pick up the rear of an 8k truck with the additional tongue weight of the trailer with a 110 on it. Tire was a 315 75 16 but exploded and shreaded (Goodyear MTR) so rim was on the pavement. Fortunately there were a lot of wood blocks in the truck bed as it took 30 mins jacking the truck up. Jack a little, put cribbing under the axle, jack again with blocks under the jack, and then more cribbing, all durring a sleet storm.
That adjustable cradle would have made all the difference that day.

donb

I have the Daytona jack and used it a bunch this year. I did a test and jacked up the 90 and left it for a week. The jack didn't budge at all...

I just got one of these as my old Craftsman aluminum jack gave up ghost. The Daytona jack appears to be of good construction and works well with the little use I?ve done. It?s a burly son-bitch for the under $200 I spent on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
My sears 3ton is showing signs of failure. I lifted up my trailer a week ago and today it's sagged to the floor. Not going to trust it again...
Just one question. Stick to three tons which seems overkill on. 90 or drop down to 2 or 2.5?

Tbaumer

Technical Excellence Contributor
Overkill works for me. I would stick with the 3 ton. You can lift light stuff with a heavy jack, but you can't go the other way.

broncoduecer

Technical Excellence Contributor
I also have the Daytona and have had nothing but positive things to say. Friends have bought them after using mine.