Defender fuel recess cover

Motorradmark

Callsign: KO4FIC
I lost my last one I had from defendoor.
Anybody know of a new source or have an extra they would be willing to part with.

Thanks

Mark

RDavisinVA

Technical Excellence Contributor
Mark:
I sent a number of messages to the Czech people who made them trying to get the African Zebra Woman, but they keep telling me they are out of stock.
This has been going on for a year.

Motorradmark

I have sent a couple emails to the Czech Points of contact as well.

Is there a contact for Peppard?

Surprised no one has re-engineered them.

Thanks
Mark

javelinadave

Administrator
Staff member
DFDDEFENDOORY-500x500.jpg

RDavisinVA

Technical Excellence Contributor
When I first saw them, thought it would be a good option to have them match the body color, but sounds like a moot point now.

Motorradmark

They have become ?un-obtanium?

If someone had the skills or equipment,I am sure there is a market.
I found 1 and have safety wired it on so I can?t lose it at the pump.

Bushpig

Hello to All
Just joined the forum, on other forums around the world and have been searching for about 2 years now for a 'Defendoor' with no luck :mad:

I came across this thread while googling and see that there are even more people on here wanting them.

A request to any members whom have one, if it would be possible to get a 3D scan?
I'm thinking of trying to 3D print my own...

Thanks in advance

Frazier

I had never heard of this before, but searching around on the internet to see what one looked like I did find one site that seems to have something close in stock. https://www.4wd.com.sg/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1390
Doesn't look exactly the same but then again I have never seen one. Additionally I would be up to CADing one up if there are people here who want to 3D print one for a tester. A quick look at mine and it doesn't seem to difficult.

BarryO

I don't get it. Always thought one plus on Defenders is not having to deal with a fuel filler door. To each their own, I guess.