If you were to sell your truck...

xplorutah

You must love punishment

Figure I already know what pain is, as LR has taught me well.

If I wanted easy I would add an FJ40 to my 80 and 4Runner fleet. But we know that would be boring.

Anyone need an 80 Series Land Cruiser?

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
Part 2 of this thread should be what spares would you have to sell if you didn’t have your truck.

AdamSanta85

So I am keeping my Defender and starting to look for an LR3 for a daily. Anyone have a dealer car fax account that can run a report for me?

I found a truck that looks to have potential... 2007 LR3 HSE, white, black interior, supposed 67k miles, supposed one owner, supposed clean title, but it is at a used car dealer in Jersey, asking around $11.5k

SALAG25427A434134

defender_verde

No input other than watching your D90 build I know we have similar taste, and if you build out the LR3 I'd love to see the progress. I'm having Ash restore my '91 110 to make it a lot better for city use, but needless to say I want an LR3 for this amateur to get off road/car to rack up the miles on.

rover26c

AdamSanta85

New car market pricing is silly, used are very strong right now. The LR3 is still a ton of truck for that money.

Right? A new 4Runner which is in desperate need of a refresh, is going to cost around $600 a month for 60 months with $10k down, new Disco or RRS $800+, F150 is $50k+.

I can go buy a good condition LR3 for cash. Perfect for getting me around town, and to the train station and back, and wherever else I want to go, still plenty nice, all the bells and whistles power everything, heated seats, navigation, nice stereo, great off road. Zero payments.

AdamSanta85

Guy just got back to me, truck is available... The dashboard is pretty cracked though... thoughts? (Not my sweaty arm pits)

kOrKVX3.jpg

AdamSanta85

Wow I have never seen a dash crack like that on an LR3...:eek:

Good to know... From what I have gotten from the guy... They claim everything else is good, supposedly suspension holds air

http://www.worldclassnj.com/detail-2007-land_rover-lr3-2007_land_rover_lr3_hse-used-17874912.html

Center bezel trim scratch FAE500012XXX - $40
Cracked OEM key - $250 + programming (I think I can do it with the GAP IID tool i was going to buy)
Cracked passenger fog light XBJ000080 - $60
Cracked dash LR016801 - $50 ghetto cover vs $900 new + half day of busting knuckles
Radio missing one of the buttons... maybe find a broken one to scavenge part from

They won't budget on the $11,900 price. Waiting to see what they will give me for a trade on my Xterra.

AdamSanta85

Also these Coverlay kits. Supposedly decent, thin fitted black plastic cover that goes over the old one.. $230.. Or $400 at a local junker

http://coverlaymfg.com/i-23897398-coverlay-13-508ll-dgr-dash-cover.html

Check out this 2008 Land Rover LR3 and its new look after having a brand new Coverlay dash cover installed! This customer said it best when they wrote that the dash cover was, "Unbelievably Perfect"! I don't think we could have said it better ourselves.

26219909_1545972635480965_4174469365990271479_n.png.jpg

WreckITFrank

Technical Excellence Contributor
GAP tool will be your BFF. Check control arms/bushings if you need some price leverage, I'm sure they need replacing if not in last 10k.

Good luck

AdamSanta85

GAP tool will be your BFF. Check control arms/bushings if you need some price leverage, I'm sure they need replacing if not in last 10k.

Good luck

Thanks bud

Can those been swapped with a press? I also see people say they just replace the whole arm but I have a HF 20 ton in the basement.