Land of Land Rovers

Bunyan

Awesome video!

Weird how my Defender used to stall when I pulled up my buddies steep driveway...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
I think I found my next travel destination.

LR keeps producing things like this that keep my hopes up for the next Defender.

...barely.

85RED110

I think I found my next travel destination.

LR keeps producing things like this that keep my hopes up for the next Defender.

...barely.

Im not sure Im convinced that the purpose of that video was to keep purists hopeful about the new Defender being strongly tied to its roots. I think LR made that video to remind its new demographic that LR used to be something totally different and cool, and to convince everyone that the execs at LR have heart/compassion and "believe" that heritage is still in the blood of its new cars. LR is just sucking its own d!#$ with that video. All their new vehicles, including the upcoming Defender, are surely capable offroad, however completely disconnected from the driver. Just an appliance without the soul and charm that we love about our old trucks and remain hopeful for in the new Defender. This video is just a tool for LR to point at when some schmuck is pleasantly surprised that his new D5 can handle driving across the muddy bit of a polo field. Jerry McG can say "see, we told you its a Land Rover". I sincerely hope the new Defender proves me wrong. Ill slather bbq sauce all over these words and eat them with a big smile on my face.

I like that video because I can save it and have video evidence of what Land Rover used to be all about. Good one for the archives.

Uncle Douglas

Callsign: delete
Thats the best LR commercial I've ever seen. Right up there with the pissed off rhino chasing the 90.

Certainly better than the sport climbing the stairs to Heavens Gate,

In these times of patina and retro design its an awesome homage to what the company used to be in its heyday before being passed around amongst investors like a red headed step child.

I don't read anything more into it than pride in the companies history, an attempt @ brand recognition, and an attempted inference that current model buyers might hope for similar lifespan.