Rubber or poly?

I vote poly. I've got Polybush on both my Defender and Classic. The performance based on the butt-o-meter is definitely superior to rubber. Replacement, as mentioned, is easier and carrying a few spares for trail replacement (which hasn't been necessary in many years of hard wheeling) would be relatively easy.

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
I vote poly. I've got Polybush on both my Defender and Classic. The performance based on the butt-o-meter is definitely superior to rubber. Replacement, as mentioned, is easier and carrying a few spares for trail replacement (which hasn't been necessary in many years of hard wheeling) would be relatively easy.

Almost makes it sound like Poly are prone to sudden failures.

All I know is that Rubber has worked for me for 21 years, and this old curmudgeon ain't changing what works.

Almost makes it sound like Poly are prone to sudden failures.

All I know is that Rubber has worked for me for 21 years, and this old curmudgeon ain't changing what works.

Nothing wrong with going with what consistently works. I haven't had any of my poly bushings fail. That said, friends of mine have. I suspect the range of articulation and other stressors impact longevity, at least on the radius and trailing arm bushings.