Hand throttle

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
One big bear when it comes to using the winch in my truck is that unless I'm really tuned in to revving the engine it stalls out under the load imposed by the winch. It's completely different to when I winched on my D1.
This has me thinking that a hand throttle and rev counter would be good additions to the truck.
My thought on the hand throttle is perhaps to use an old BL style manual choke cable.
Thoughts on how to do this or better ideas?

MountainD

Technical Excellence Contributor
I used a thumb shifter from a bike when I did mine. I have since removed it, but only because I didn't use it--it worked just great.

chris snell

Administrator
Callsign: NW5W
Staff member
There is a Genuine hand throttle, bracket set, and throttle assembly available. I wish I had the part numbers for the 300Tdi injection pump parts because I want one.

Maybe someone here has put the list together? George at RDS was going to order it for me at one point but then he closed his shop.

mgreenspan

Founding Member
You should try contacting the shops that do frequent diesel or LS engine swaps. I'm sure a lot of the old V8 and petrol trucks hand throttles get tossed aside during those swaps. Especially the fancy ones that get new interiors(think Puma).

Uncle Douglas

Callsign: delete
I'll ask Trey to look around. We have been tossing a lot of stuff recently because we have no immediate use for it. FFR trucks had hand throttles

Uncle Douglas

Callsign: delete
Have an Italian tdi 90 here with one. Hoping to put a cummins 28 in that truck so that one may become available.