2.5td Turbo waste gate fuel spray

Chefdaddyscoti

1988 110 2.5td. I have some fuel seepage coming out of plunger area of the turbo wastegate while running I think there may be a hole in the injector pump diaphragm,but not being as familiar with this motor or a mechanic. I'm not sure what's going on Can anyone speak to this?

SARTech

Very possible, at low RPM when the fuel pump return fuel pressure could be higher that the boost pressure you could get fuel flowing from a failed boost diaphragm back into the turbo. The diaphragm isn't very hard to take off. A 14 or 16 mm wrench to remove the boost line from the pump. A 8mm wrench to remove the two bolts attaching the diaphragm cover to the pump. There will be a spring on each side of the diaphragm make a note which one goes where.
Here is a tread about replacing it.http://forums.lr4x4.com/topic/33911-replacing-25td-boost-diaphram/

Chefdaddyscoti

That makes since. I have ordered the boost diaphragm since I made this post. But I have also figured out that the waste gate acutaor is not functioning. I put airhose to it and it blows right thru. I am having a hard time finding the actuator for this motor. It has a bracket spot welded to it. Does anyone have a part number or a source for it? It must be replaced when I repair the diaphragm.

Chefdaddyscoti

Thank you Sartech. Maybe someone in the forum will have a good used one. I had bought one that I believe goes to a 200tdi. May have to make a bracket and modify that one to my truck. Mine is completely shot though. So if anybody has a good user one. Would love to discuss