OEM Vintage Infotainment

WreckITFrank

Technical Excellence Contributor
Pretty cool if you want some retro tech in in your "older" Rover or Jag

Here are U.S. specific model fitments:

Jaguar XJ40; XJS; XJ Series 3 Sedan

Land Rover Defender 90, 110; Range Rover Classic (93-96); Discovery 1 (94-98); Freelander (97-04)

Autoblog Article:
https://www.autoblog.com/2018/09/07/jaguar-land-rover-classic-infotainment-system/
6fb60305405583902865ac4328bdcb03.jpg

WreckITFrank

Technical Excellence Contributor
I agree, this is even cooler thats it's a dealer option for purchase/install, so it's likely fully backed. Generally this type of stuff is always 3rd party aftermarket.

The Dro

Illustrious
Saw that the other day... But thought the were crazy with the prices.

Loved this one.

You can buy a GPS enabled radio for cheap... They are going to miss the boat.

Attachments

• jlrclassicinfotainment310818lr01-1.jpg
    jlrclassicinfotainment310818lr01-1.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 194

Red90

Seems way overpriced and seems to be a normal DIN sized radio so I?m not sure the point. Who would want a GPS with a tiny screen like that?

JimC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Me. I care far more about styling than functionalality in stuff like this.

JimC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most aftermarket options look as nice as a bag of smashed assholes. Too much flashy flashy, multi-colored lights, and dancing dolphins. This look complements the Rover look nicely - simple, and attractive for being purposeful. I’ve got a Becker Cascade Pro in my BMW with maps that only work in Europe, but I love it because it blends perfectly with the interior.

Plus this says Land Rover on it, will come in a green and white box, and will make me deeply and disproportionately happy when I install it in my Td5-style dash.

BarryO

Most aftermarket options look as nice as a bag of smashed assholes. Too much flashy flashy, multi-colored lights, and dancing dolphins.

I think that's because their target demographic is 17 year old boys.

Red90

I don't think that is as true as it used to be. There are a lot of nice, classy options these days aim at people that want all of the modern connectivity features in their older vehicles. I have a few fiends who have done one and they look completely stock.

NPT90

I don't think that is as true as it used to be. There are a lot of nice, classy options these days aim at people that want all of the modern connectivity features in their older vehicles. I have a few fiends who have done one and they look completely stock.

X2 you can definitely find tasteful options out there. My single DIN post gives you an Alpine Halo which has a 9" touchscreen, even with a all the bells and whistles (including an external amp, a programmable switch controller, and a backup camera) it comes close to the same price.