Note left on the truck thread

javelinadave

Administrator
Staff member
People leave notes on my truck all the time wanting to buy it. Let's snap a pic of the notes people leave you and post them up.

Attachments

• IMG_9142.jpg
    IMG_9142.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 260

javelinadave

Administrator
Staff member
Someone offered me $20k for my old ExMOD. The note said it was the nicest Bronco they had ever seen.

The_Vermonster

No note, but I have had many offers. Neighbor offered me $2k over what I paid. Co-worker offered my wife $20k after we do all the work on it, of course.

Edit: also received offers to sell parts like the bumper and doors.

Smob

The best one I had was someone offering $10k for my NAS D90.

Ha.. That's funny. I had someone leave a card and offer of $45k/cash in hand, and while that's a fine price for my truck, I just know I'd never be able to buy back in at current prices and would regret it.

It would also be interesting to know what kinda rates people would sell at - if someone offered me $70k, I'd sell in a second. And then regret it.

1of40

Got this about a year ago. The chick that wrote it drives a white ST but I've still not met her.

Attachments

• note.jpg
    note.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 274

Leadvagas

A subject near and not so dear to me. I am luck enough to have two really desirable cars, both are project condition at the moment. And my 300TDI Disco gets a fair amount of attention if it's running. I have a 1962 FJ-45 SWB pickup, and a '34 Ford 3 window deluxe coupe. Hasn't happened in a while, but I occasionally come home to notes on the door of the house. Most I just ignore, if people get pushy or rude I transform into instant asshole. I ussually start out by telling them I know exactly what I have and I know pretty much what it's worth. Any offers would have to start well above the what it's worth number.

FlyersFan76

No notes yet but have gotten or overheard a bunch of comments.

Nice Jeep- said to be buy a wife who was driving an LR4 (or LR3) and whose husband drives a RRS. I quickly corrected her and she knew she felt bad when she said it.

Truck parked in the driveway and my wife is on the 2nd floor deck. Over hears people saying. "This is the truck I was telling you about." Others took pictures.

Yeah it is like a Jeep truck.- As opposed to what? A jeep sedan. SMH

CDN38

I have a stack of pre-made notes I leave on peoples cars al the time (usually 3 or 4 a month).

Attachments

• 1parking.jpg
    1parking.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 230

uc4me

This thread jogged my memory so I went out to my D90 and found this note i had tucked away in the passenger rear pouch years ago and had forgot about, (also found some old pictures of my buddies and an old 70's Playboy pinup someone put there too, ha). I tucked em all back in there for future sake.

Attachments

• IMG_20170718_161549.jpg
    IMG_20170718_161549.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 226

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
I got four people stopping to talk about the Defender in the last three days. One guy just took pics. But the best was the kid on the BMX, maybe twelve years old, taking his hands off the bars to clap, then to give me a Sinatra-esque double pistol finger point and cheer, as I drive by in his neighborhood. Someone raised him right.

LRNAD90

Family and I stopped at the grocery store on our way home from an outing this weekend....

When we came out there was a lady taking a selfie of herself with the Defender as a backdrop.

She seemed startled when we walked up to the truck, asking if it was ours. And rambled on about how her family had just gotten their first 'one of these', 'well not one of these exactly, but one of these'..

Okay, well congratulations?

Was honestly stunned anyone that was buying a modern Rover knows what it is..

BenLittle

Callsign: KE7BEN
No notes but I get the constant "nice jeep". I don't even correct people anymore...

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
No notes but I get the constant "nice jeep". I don't even correct people anymore...

I've found they get very defensive when you do.

I got my first wave in years the other day. From a series owner... who lives in my town so that might have helped.