1991 6x6 Double Cab Land Rover Perentie, RHD, 50k miles, $94,900

If you?re searching for uniqueness, a conversation-starter, or the ultimate expedition platform/hunting rig, here it is. The first Perentie Double Cab in the US, Chassis No SALLDMAZ1FY801382 ARN 200258. One of 26 produced by JRA Limited for the Australian Army, manufactured and assembled in Moorebank, New South Wales. Entered service in 01/92, and was purchased at auction by KLR in June 2016. While awaiting eligibility to import, KLR performed an extensive rehab to bring her ?up to speed? for highway travels here in the US. Initial voyage was from port in Savannah to North Dakota, 3 days without issue. Current odometer shows 7550 km (swapped at 71511), estimating 80k km traveled since new on chassis and original motor. Currently used as daily driver, so miles will gradually increase.

Background info:
The Perentie 4?4 and 6?6 are Australian-designed and built derivatives of the Land Rover 110. The 6?6 is designed to carry two tons or more across country and has its own unique chassis. Front suspension is by live axle and coil-springs. The rear bogie employs two leaf springs and a load-sharing rocker on each side. This rocker is cranked, and the leaf springs on each side overlap, so that the springs can be longer and the rear axles can be closer together than would otherwise be possible. The rear section is fabricated of square and rectangular section steel tube and the chassis is galvanized. It shares the 4-speed LT95A transmission and Isuzu 4BD1 3.9L 4-cylinder diesel engine with the 4WD version, but in this case the engine is turbo-charged. Drive to the third axle is by a separate propeller shaft taking power from the transfer-case PTO. This PTO takes drive from a gear on the transfer case intermediate shaft and rotates at the same speed as the front (1st) and rear (2nd) prop'-shafts regardless of whether hi-range or lo-range is selected. The 3rd prop'-shaft passes over the second axle and is jointed, incorporating a c.v. joint, where it does so. In this way extreme articulation of the two rear axles is possible. Prototypes and early models, some of which escaped into civilian hands, used a normal Land Rover 110 cab and front axle with the standard track of 1500mm against the rear's 1700mm. Production models use a wider, taller cab, and a 1700mm front track which matches the rear. The army specified that the 6x6*had to have a wider and taller body and cab. The windscreen is reminiscent of a Santana or Iveco Land Rover licensed derivative, but offers*a less restricted view. As always the Defender ladder chassis arrangement allows fitting of just about anything behind the cab - from crew transporter to special forces rapid deployment equipment.

Mechanically better than new in many ways:
Galvanized chassis
Galvanized one-piece bulkhead
Galvanized cab/floor with exception of standard doors
Salisbury rear axles, re-enforced front axle
Disc brakes with dual master cylinder
Power steering
Isuzu 4BD1 3.9L 4-cylinder turbo diesel engine
4 speed LT95A gearbox

KLR upgrades:
A/C compressor, new
A/C bracket, belt, secondhand twin pulley and tensioner
Recovered seats
Door locks
Keyed ignition
Custom sidebars/rock-sliders
Upgraded Garrett turbo
Heavy duty clutch kit
Diff ratio change to 3.54
Overhaul gearbox ? new bearings throughout
Replaced transfer case high range gear set
New Wolf HD wheels, 255/85/R16 BFG T/A KM2 x7
Maxi-Drive drive flanges
Radiator flushed, treated, new thermostat

Logbook review:
Replace front axle assembly ? 62615 4/01
Replace rear springs ? 66259 8/05
Replace steering box ? 69865 12/10
Replace all prop shafts ? 73438 5/13
Changed speedo head -- 73438 5/13
Final minor inspection ? 1221 3/14
Sold AFM/Grays Online Auction ? 6/16
Imported/titled in ND ? 4/17

In current configuration, cruises 70 mph on the highway with 2-finger steering. No wobbles, shimmy, unsteadiness with short topping distances. The Garrett turbo makes for easy navigation of congested roads with added acceleration. Interior is MOD with several standard additions such as molded plastic headliner, and recovered seats. All gauges, lights, switches, hand-throttle are operable. The roof hatch, or cupola, has a slight leak, well documented in the log-book. New owner can choose to reseal or replace with glass; currently a non-issue while stored indoors.

Currently located in North Dakota
Price includes clear ND Title

Additional photos:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0x38utboz...-1bdEWHxa?dl=0<!-- AMS FIRST IN POST -->

Attachments

• attachment1.jpg
    attachment1.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 452
  • attachment2.jpg
    attachment2.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 678
  • attachment3.jpg
    attachment3.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 414
  • attachment4.jpg
    attachment4.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 376

Daddymow

When you sell it make sure you destroy all photos/evidence/knowledge of it because when your kids get to driving age and figure out that they could have been driving this bad ass truck to school it will create incomprehensible psychological damage in their young, still forming, brains. Keep it - for the mental health of your children! Seriously.

You're 100% correct. My dad sold a '74 Bronco when I was a kid, I still miss the yellow beast. My son thanks me daily for his "new, big truck", so I picked up another "stock" 6x6 DC to replace this one. Planning some major mods, and couldn't justify tearing this one apart. She's in fantastic condition, and has numerous desirable upgrades. Hopefully she will get passed on to a good LR home.

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
When you sell it make sure you destroy all photos/evidence/knowledge of it because when your kids get to driving age and figure out that they could have been driving this bad ass truck to school it will create incomprehensible psychological damage in their young, still forming, brains. Keep it - for the mental health of your children! Seriously.

What an incredible college frat party Animal House style machine this could make....

https://youtu.be/pX71mALOPKs?t=1m42s

Open to trade offers if anyone is looking for a new adventure. She's ready for another cross country excursion. I've responded to all questions, only reason I'm selling is to make room for another 6x6 DC on its way.

Uncle Douglas

Callsign: delete
Open to trade offers if anyone is looking for a new adventure. She's ready for another cross country excursion. I've responded to all questions, only reason I'm selling is to make room for another 6x6 DC on its way.

nah, I've got nothing of equal value but the wheels were spinning for a few mins

eBay deleted my listing after it ended... just hung up the phone with customer service verifying "I'm real". Before relisting, I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts or recommendations.

rovercolorado

I stopped selling last year on eBay. They are all kinds of crazy. They paid out to buyers that never paid me. They wouldn't back me on multiple shipping disputes. And ever since they parted ways with PayPal any questions with payments basically go to the buyer and the seller has to prove everything. I even had issues when I proved that a delivery took place and was signed for and they backed the buyer saying it never arrived! I sent them proof from USPS and they still back the buyer. NEVER AGAIN will I sell on eBay! :mad:
Craigslist now don't get me started but at least I can meet at a police station or bank and make a deal work in person.

I have no idea. I was considering relisting, then sent to a page saying my account was temporarily suspended. I spoke to customer service, which basically insinuated the vehicle "was not in my possession". Eventually my account was restored, but the original listing was deleted. After round 2 with customer service, I was assured I could relist. And yes, I also prefer handling things in person vs eBay.