Looking for a rebuilder for 200tdi turbo

Chefdaddyscoti

I have acquired a great 200tdi to replace my 2.5td in my 110. Im doing a mild refurbish and clean up. Turbo looks ok. But I want to rebuild the turbo or purchase a new one if someone has one laying around for a good deal. It's a 200tdi Defender engine top mount turbo. Any recommendations on a legit rebuilder would be helpful

Napalm00

Technical Excellence Contributor
Ebay. Co. Uk

Search for 200tdi turbo, buy the chra center unit and replace it yourself. Pretty easy actually

SARTech

I rebuilt the turbo on my son's Dodge Cummins diesel. Was fairly straight forward and easy.

Red90

If you do the rebuild yourself ( not buy a CHRA ), you will still need to get it balanced by someone.

1of40

These turbos are used on other applications like VW. There are rebuilders in California I considered when I decided I wanted a fresh start to go along with my recent swap. I ultimately decided to buy new and sell the old which got me to roughly the same place.

Red90

No need to balance. The point of getting a CHRA is that it has been balanced. The CHRA will come with a copy of the balancing record.

The biggest problem you usually get with changing the CHRA is seized nuts and breaking studs. It is a good plan to buy all the nuts and studs in advance. Plan to take the manifold off and do it on the bench. Obviously get a set of gaskets.

Chefdaddyscoti

Thanks RED90, i have already pulled the turbo and the manifold off, so the hard part is done. i am going to make sure I can get the other cassette out before I order the part just in case its heat welded itself together) considering that the rover gods shown upon me and I didnt break any studs off thus far, i am hopeful that it will come apart. I have pulled the head and the from timing cover off as well and the engine is looking great so far. wish me luck:

thanks for your advice

AdamSanta85

Be easy removing the turbo exhaust housing to manifold nuts. Those are the ones that really get baked on.