Springs?

D90Overkill

Free

I know you're after a full set of four, but I have a nearly new pair of oem RRC rears that you can have for free. Might be just about equivalent, and certainly will fit, if you wanted to scab something together for S&G's. I can drop them off on my next trip.

AdamSanta85

I have the MD in my truck. I feel like the rear might be a tiny bit too soft, but I am going to pop some isolators in to see if that helps. That being said I didn't think I would like the ride of a "lift" but I think it rides much better than the stock springs.

1of40

I?ve had these MD for 17 years and they still perform fine. Bought these new when I owned a POE and transferred them over to this 97 14 yrs ago. I figure I have over 150k miles on them.

Attachments

• C8B4A5D8-8007-4C61-9401-AC316CCB8707.jpg
    C8B4A5D8-8007-4C61-9401-AC316CCB8707.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 191
  • 8B1C3319-7194-427B-AC46-19218B6D56A5.jpeg
    8B1C3319-7194-427B-AC46-19218B6D56A5.jpeg
    930.2 KB · Views: 188

Jeff B

I?ve had these MD for 17 years and they still perform fine. Bought these new when I owned a POE and transferred them over to this 97 14 yrs ago. I figure I have over 150k miles on them.

Those are some GOOD springs....they even stay level when the truck is on its side!

luckyjoe

Callsign: KD2PXL
I?m looking for a set of used OME MD springs for Disco I.

Stock D1 rear springs were ~210lb progressive rate. OME MD rear springs are 200lb rate.

It stands to reason that OME MD are not giving you more load capacity, so I'm assuming the OP know what he's after.

IIRC, the OME HD rears are 300-340lb progressive rate, and once they broke-in I really liked them.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
It's more a matter of height, not load. There is no roof rack, and he will be running stock for some time. It's just nice to have a bit of the extra clearance and to be able to run larger tires since he will be doing some trails in the coming years.

I've always run MD on my Disco's, both I and II series. They do sag a bit once you get loaded for a weekend camping. But this will be a single high schooler's truck for at least the next two years.

The tires that were on the truck were so bad I was afraid to drive on them in the wet, or at freeway speeds. So if I'm going to spend $1000 on new tires, I wanted to get 235's or so, which means the lift is needed, thus the hunt for a set of 'cheap' springs. But since I got a nice set of Duratracs for "free", I am sticking with stock size, and height for now.

luckyjoe

Callsign: KD2PXL
When the operative word is "cheap", you move the stock rear springs to the front, leaving only rear springs to be purchased.