Install New Side Marker Lights?

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
Does anyone know how to actually fix in place the forward side marker lights, pn #PRC7044?

They only have plastic spikes. No threads, not ribbed.

The Dro

Illustrious
Mine are screwed to the wing with two (2) rusted screws.

You should be able to see the two (2) screws once you remove the orange cap.

The Dro

Illustrious
I'm removing mine to install the Disco II style ones this weekend (if doesn't rain)... I'll snap pictures and will post details.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
That would be cool. Thanks.

I kind of think these are for a Td5 and up, but I have two of them, new, and they came in the box of parts with the truck. So I'm determined to make them work!

The Dro

Illustrious
OK... Satan himself installed these motherfu@#&$.

There are two (2) nuts behind it.

It's a lot easier if you remove the fender flare to get access. See pic

Also, you might need to hold the front of the screw with a plier.

Hope this helps.

P

Attachments

• 20170402_130111.jpg
    20170402_130111.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 183
  • 20170402_130042.jpg
    20170402_130042.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 183

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Dang..... I figured.... Mine don't have screws. I'm going to have to do some modifying because I really don't feel like gluing.

Uncle Douglas

Callsign: delete
Does anyone know how to actually fix in place the forward side marker lights, pn #PRC7044?

They only have plastic spikes. No threads, not ribbed.

that is the early style. Pretty easy to work on. The D2/Td5 style require that you cut a hole in your fender and the entire light snaps into the hole so it needs to be pretty exact. Not sure (can't remember) but the smaller/d2 td5 style may leave one of your existing holes exposed.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Yes, but how do you actually install them?

I have the same hole in the wing that he would have, two screw holes, one hole for the back of the light socket. The light fits in place, but there is no way to fix it there.

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
The fenders I bought had had these lights originally, but I replaced them with NAS style side markers instead. Drill those screwy bolts out!

The Dro

Illustrious
Sorry... didn't finish the project. The dashboard took all day to get fitted.:eek:

But to give you an update... yes, I plan to cut out the fender for the DII lamps to fit. I have the cutout from the DII on a cardboard.

I saw on ebay a whiles back a guy selling the TD5 ones that, according to him, will be a direct bolt on.

WreckITFrank

Technical Excellence Contributor
old thread revive. Does anyone know if a better version was ever made to fit the early style holes? I have these (large center hole, outer smaller holes in fenders), and am thinking to just put an LED bulb in. I guess they tape on or you can use the old fastening system which is well nut type fasteners.

Friction Bushing - RN

Plastic Nutsert - RN

siderepeater.JPG