Portsmouth Island 5

Uncle Douglas

Callsign: delete
Are these the octagon cabins with AC?

Raub rented one of those one year. Concensus was it wasnt as good as the old ones. Its never been so hot we've needed a/c. Come and rent whatever cabin you can (rentals only opened up for 2018 reservations a few days ago and there is scant few left), you know the cast of characters.

Uncle Douglas

Count me in! I'll bring a fan for the 'white noise' to drown out Robert's snoring (and mine)!

I dont know man, if the damn waves crashing outside the open windows can't drown it out.....well thats why its called the sawmill.

ezzzzzzz

Professional Bobby camped a couple miles down the beach for a few weeks without mishap. I've been in +25mph winds in my RTT and survived to tell about it. Unlike Aruba, those winds are seldom and inconsistent except during a gale or hurricane down in the OBX.

Uncle Douglas

Anna was on fire that night, the Needle and Professional Bobby show.

I think we may start on Wed down @ the house in Gloucester this year.
Actually take the boats out to Shakleford Banks on Thursday as intended last year.
It's finally going to be a usable beach house by then, sheet rock contractor is supposed to start in the next couple weeks.

Trey wants to build the 90 we have and take it to Portsmouth. Everytime I realize he's finished with the task I've given him, he's ghosted out there with aircraft stripper taking it down to bare metal.
We decided to paint it BRG, galv the chassis and bulkhead, 4.2 14cux w/auto, Mantec tray winch bumper with Warn 12k, and Safari Gard progressive 3 inch/everything underneath & Safari Gard 8 inch wheels with 35 bfg's. Have to admit its hard to not jump on the project but we have customer builds like the Cummins rig to get finished.

RDavisinVA

Technical Excellence Contributor
Count me in! I'll bring a fan for the 'white noise' to drown out Robert's snoring (and mine)!

They don't make fans big enough, muthalikka.

Anna was on fire that night, the Needle and Professional Bobby show.

What about when Bobby answered the door when Blithe and Cindy's boys dropped in to take the girls on a night time crabbing run?

Professional Bobby camped a couple miles down the beach for a few weeks without mishap. I've been in +25mph winds in my RTT and survived to tell about it. Unlike Aruba, those winds are seldom and inconsistent except during a gale or hurricane down in the OBX.

We gave Bobby all of the food we had left over and he finally got kicked off the island by the Federal Ranger a week or so later due to bad juju weather.
He said the only hardship was having to ration the remaining beer.

I think we may start on Wed down @ the house in Gloucester this year.
Actually take the boats out to Shakleford Banks on Thursday as intended last year.
It's finally going to be a usable beach house by then, sheet rock contractor is supposed to start in the next couple weeks.

That will be a fun time.

Trey wants to build the 90 we have and take it to Portsmouth. Everytime I realize he's finished with the task I've given him, he's ghosted out there with aircraft stripper taking it down to bare metal.
We decided to paint it BRG, galv the chassis and bulkhead, 4.2 14cux w/auto, Mantec tray winch bumper with Warn 12k, and Safari Gard progressive 3 inch/everything underneath & Safari Gard 8 inch wheels with 35 bfg's. Have to admit its hard to not jump on the project but we have customer builds like the Cummins rig to get finished.

Naw, let "the man" work on the 90 while you do the customer projects.
It's so UD to hogg all the resources.

Uncle Douglas

4 cabins reserved, ea sleeps 6, more if you add a couple cots.

If you are willing to be in one cabin Friday and move to a different one Saturday you may be able to still reserve one by doing two separate reservations.

Uncle Douglas

Naw, let "the man" work on the 90 while you do the customer projects.
It's so UD to hogg all the resources.

Tub is off the 90. Only seat box and tank left on. Prospects are excellent for this to be built in time. He played on the VA DMV site with personalized plates a couple nights ago. May go onto the NC one and see whats available in that state as well. Going to go ahead and paint and assemble the bulkhead while the chassis is out being dipped.
specs
Starting point 1988 90 SW 2.5 td.

converting to lhd
Removing front of tub bulkhead
galvanized bulkhead
galvanized chassis
4.2 14cux v8
4 hp22 trans- likely will use a 1.4 tcase due to tire size
Safari Gard steel wheels with 12.50 x 35 BFG's
Safari Gard 3+ progressive springs
Safari Gard rear heim to heim shock mounts with uber long Fox racing remote res shocks
Front shocks are Bilstein 7100's
Safari Gard chrome moly cranked rear trailing arms
Rover Tracks HD rear axle shafts
Safari Gard tie rod protector tube
Safari Gard Castor corrected Radius arms
Mantec tray type winch bumper-modified to fit huge M15000 and dip it
Warn M15000 winch
Later push button roll up doors

Going to spray it british racing green with a fuji white top.
Totally unnecessary for PI 5 but using that date as a finish by goal.

He's got his work cut out for him....