Alloy + Grit

Tbaumer

Technical Excellence Contributor
I've commented before on the great covers for this magazine, but the article in the latest issue (Winter 2017-18) on an epic coast to coast trip in a Series One has me itching for a road trip!
It's also cool to see mention of a bunch of names I see on the forums. Feels like I know people I've never met.

Z.G

I never really pictured Brandon as a cover model, but man does he pull it off. Great photo by Marcello too

modernbeat

I loved the photos, but the white text on light blue background was impossible to read. Wrote the A+G guys about getting a text file for the article.

Tbaumer

Technical Excellence Contributor
I think I've had mine for almost two weeks now. I have to agree that the colored print on different colored backgrounds can be hard to read. As long as they keep taking photos that should be posters, I'll keep subscribing. Here's the Series One that went from Seattle to New York.

IMG_0326.jpg

UnfrozenCaveman

What a hoot! And that 107 is pretty interesting too :)

Those guys stopped in Des Moines last summer on their way back east...I guess we're not photogenic enough to be included in the magazine ;)

Smob

I think I've had mine for almost two weeks now. I have to agree that the colored print on different colored backgrounds can be hard to read. As long as they keep taking photos that should be posters, I'll keep subscribing. Here's the Series One that went from Seattle to New York.

View attachment 4329

x2. I'm also a whore for heavy-paper stock mags and A+G has me addicted.

Red90

Everything shipped from the USA takes forever. Shipping is much faster from any other country except China. In the past, though, A+G has sent a shipping confirmation with tracking number. Nothing has happened so far for this issue.

Joslin

Everything shipped from the USA takes forever. Shipping is much faster from any other country except China. In the past, though, A+G has sent a shipping confirmation with tracking number. Nothing has happened so far for this issue.

The shipping notifications folks might have gotten today is from us clearing out the shipping database. If you renewed recently (and we had a bunch of Fall and Winter renewals) the sale generated an order in our regular shipping system. However, almost all of those renewals shipped directly from the printer. Our regular shipping system (used for single copies and merchandise primarily, but also new subscriptions that came in after the mailing list was given to the printer) still thinks these renewals are unfulfilled. When I go in to clear them as I've been doing today, it automatically generates an email. I know that's all confusing behind-the-scenes stuff. Sorry for the confusion.

Joslin

How long has the latest, Winter 2017-18 been out ?

It left the printer on December 29 via standard mail. Most people starting getting theirs early last week in the States (~Jan 3 is the first I recall hearing of arrivals). International mail always takes longer, typically another week or two. They aren't trackable, so we can't confirm when they arrive except by monitoring social media or when we get email from someone with feedback.

Uncle Douglas

Callsign: delete

So NAFTA isnt working so well for you guys either ?

Ruggedalaskaman

I am going to the Post Office today and am cautiously optimistic my issue will be there. Shipping to Alaska always takes longer, but some items are shockingly slow.... Fingers crossed!