3D printed window regulator tract wheel

signalMTB

For our RRC folks just here on NAS-ROW...we just successfully created the unobtanium window regulator plastic tract wheel/insert for a RRC. Not sure if it works yet but looks just like it. Will post results soon. Here's a pic of the new one and old broken one.<!-- AMS FIRST IN POST -->

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 283
  • attachment2.jpg
    attachment2.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 277

SARTech

Amazing, 3D printing is going to be a serious game changer soon.
Imaging, instead of ordering a part you order the pattern and make the part yourself.

signalMTB

yes, totally agree...I'm still trying to get all the info from the shop on this one to write it all up. Will post the blog post here when I get it up.

pmatusov

Technical Excellence Contributor
Callsign: AK6PM
I wish I ordered them ahead of time.

Window regulator broke on one of my D1s last week, and the window fell down into the door. Two of three plastic roller wheels broke.
A 5-6mm bolt (better - buttonhead, better yet - shoulder bolt, better yet - with the shoulder about 10-12mm in diameter and about 1/4" tall) and a large steel washer will get you out in a pinch. You'll need to have a good selection of fasteners and an angle grinder in your garage.

signalMTB

I wish I ordered them ahead of time.

Window regulator broke on one of my D1s last week, and the window fell down into the door. Two of three plastic roller wheels broke.
A 5-6mm bolt (better - buttonhead, better yet - shoulder bolt, better yet - with the shoulder about 10-12mm in diameter and about 1/4" tall) and a large steel washer will get you out in a pinch. You'll need to have a good selection of fasteners and an angle grinder in your garage.

never too late to order...does the D1 part look the same as what I posted above?

pmatusov

Technical Excellence Contributor
Callsign: AK6PM
Not the parts shown above - the rollers shown here:

window-fix.png

But you need flat-headed, shoulder screws to mount the rollers. You still need to grind off or drill out the posts that held the rollers.

signalMTB

Not the parts shown above - the rollers shown here:

window-fix.png

But you need flat-headed, shoulder screws to mount the rollers. You still need to grind off or drill out the posts that held the rollers.

ok, what you describe sounds a little different...the RRC ones just pushed on, no flat head screws needed