Wilderness First Responder class Sept 16-17 Twin Mountain WV

Ray_G

Throwing this out for greater vis than just facebook. Twin Mountain will be hosting a session of Medic Solo's Wilderness First Aid on 16-17 September.

Cost is ~$200 for the training, camping on site is provided (free). A good opportunity to learn or brush up on skills, do some training with a rollover vehicle, etc.

I'm doing it, along with dragging some family into it (wife, daughter). About 5 slots open right now, though I think they can expand if need be. Hit me up with questions, or ping John at Twin Mountain direct (https://www.twinmountainoffroad.com/). Note registration is via the MEDIC Solo website for payment.
r-
Ray

From John's announcement:
We are hosting a Wilderness First Responder class at Twin Mountain off road Adventure September 16th 17th.
Class will be taught by MEDIC Solo and registration is open on there website https://www.solowfa.com/ spaces are limited so early sign up is suggested. Course location is "16th 17th Old Fields WV "
Practical scenarios will be based around 4 wheeling accidents, but class is open to anybody who is interested in preparing themselves to meet the unfortunate and unexpected while out enjoying the world no matter how you do it. Camping will be available.

Ray_G

Clarification! I misspoke, it is Wilderness First Aid vs Wilderness First Responder. Verbiage mix up, basically the First Aid can be taught in a weekend-First Responder is more and takes a week.

Motorradmark

Callsign: KO4FIC
Ray
Sounds pretty good. Checking calendars. Good training to have. Any idea on deadline to register?
Cheers
Mark

rocky

NAS-ROW Addict
What a great idea. My son is a EMT and its definitely helping him gain experience before he heads (perhaps ) to medical school.

Overlander

Callsign: KM4BOR
this is good stuff. their website shows them up and down the east coast, and here in NC in the fall. I might hit that up.

Ray_G

this is good stuff. their website shows them up and down the east coast, and here in NC in the fall. I might hit that up.

They def have some good locations, and I can't blame anyone for doing it closer to home. Two things come to mind for my raising the Twin Mountain:
-John Bradshaw is an enthusiast (and a friend) so his efforts to give us more wheeling venue are something I support wholeheartedly, especially since this kind of training is illustrative of his particular angle.
-On that note, as the SOLOWFA site's description of this specific course notes, it will be tailored to what we do offroad:
Note that in this class you will learn and practice the exact same skills you would in a standard dtWFA class, and you will get the exact same certification. Only difference is that the storylines of the hands-on scenarios will be tailored to off-road driving injuries / illnesses. In this class you learn everything in the standard WFA, plus more -- you likely will get to work with live patients in an upside-down vehicle!

Or, put into our terms, one of my old parts discos (an XD in fact) will be turning into a training aid for the course.
r-
Ray

Ray_G

Class went last weekend.

Phenonemal. Truly a superb opportunity to hone skills. More than that, to do so at such a great venue, with like minded folks (including fellow Rover folks like Trevor G and Bill B)..and in my case with both my wife and my almost 16yr old-who had already been in an actual rollover...on that property, ironically enough.

Twin Mountain will likely be hosting more classes in the future; 2hrs from DC, just an hour off 81...with great infrastructure like a nice pavailion, shower/bath trailer, etc.

We will def be looking at Wilderness First Responder next.

A few pics:

Attachments

• IMG_2087.JPG
    IMG_2087.JPG
    444.2 KB · Views: 238
  • 2017-09-16 19.00.48.jpg
    2017-09-16 19.00.48.jpg
    578.2 KB · Views: 269
  • 2017-09-19 10.59.29.jpg
    2017-09-19 10.59.29.jpg
    731.4 KB · Views: 265
  • 2017-09-17 11.40.36.jpg