NAS-ROW - The Land Rover Defender Forum  

Go Back   NAS-ROW - The Land Rover Defender Forum > NAS-ROW Non-Technical Forums > Trip Reports and Events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2018, 06:43 AM   #11
ezzzzzzz
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: SE Va
Posts: 74
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Professional Bobby camped a couple miles down the beach for a few weeks without mishap. I've been in +25mph winds in my RTT and survived to tell about it. Unlike Aruba, those winds are seldom and inconsistent except during a gale or hurricane down in the OBX.
ezzzzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:30 AM   #12
Uncle Douglas
Senior Member
 
Uncle Douglas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Va
Posts: 592
Thanks: 8
Thanked 190 Times in 139 Posts
Default

Anna was on fire that night, the Needle and Professional Bobby show.

I think we may start on Wed down @ the house in Gloucester this year.
Actually take the boats out to Shakleford Banks on Thursday as intended last year.
It's finally going to be a usable beach house by then, sheet rock contractor is supposed to start in the next couple weeks.

Trey wants to build the 90 we have and take it to Portsmouth. Everytime I realize he's finished with the task I've given him, he's ghosted out there with aircraft stripper taking it down to bare metal.
We decided to paint it BRG, galv the chassis and bulkhead, 4.2 14cux w/auto, Mantec tray winch bumper with Warn 12k, and Safari Gard progressive 3 inch/everything underneath & Safari Gard 8 inch wheels with 35 bfg's. Have to admit its hard to not jump on the project but we have customer builds like the Cummins rig to get finished.
__________________
Doug@DividingCreekImports.com
410.693.1391

Vehicle Shipment and Import
Logistics Services Worldwide

Defender Restoration and Modification
Located in Central Virginia
Uncle Douglas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:58 AM   #13
RDavisinVA
Senior Member
 
RDavisinVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: VA USA
Posts: 375
Thanks: 13
Thanked 84 Times in 63 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzzzzzz View Post
Count me in! I'll bring a fan for the 'white noise' to drown out Robert's snoring (and mine)!
They don't make fans big enough, muthalikka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Anna was on fire that night, the Needle and Professional Bobby show.
What about when Bobby answered the door when Blithe and Cindy's boys dropped in to take the girls on a night time crabbing run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzzzzzz View Post
Professional Bobby camped a couple miles down the beach for a few weeks without mishap. I've been in +25mph winds in my RTT and survived to tell about it. Unlike Aruba, those winds are seldom and inconsistent except during a gale or hurricane down in the OBX.
We gave Bobby all of the food we had left over and he finally got kicked off the island by the Federal Ranger a week or so later due to bad juju weather.
He said the only hardship was having to ration the remaining beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
I think we may start on Wed down @ the house in Gloucester this year.
Actually take the boats out to Shakleford Banks on Thursday as intended last year.
It's finally going to be a usable beach house by then, sheet rock contractor is supposed to start in the next couple weeks.
That will be a fun time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Trey wants to build the 90 we have and take it to Portsmouth. Everytime I realize he's finished with the task I've given him, he's ghosted out there with aircraft stripper taking it down to bare metal.
We decided to paint it BRG, galv the chassis and bulkhead, 4.2 14cux w/auto, Mantec tray winch bumper with Warn 12k, and Safari Gard progressive 3 inch/everything underneath & Safari Gard 8 inch wheels with 35 bfg's. Have to admit its hard to not jump on the project but we have customer builds like the Cummins rig to get finished.
Naw, let "the man" work on the 90 while you do the customer projects.
It's so UD to hogg all the resources.
__________________
RDavisinVA
RDavisinVA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:35 AM   #14
Uncle Douglas
Senior Member
 
Uncle Douglas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Va
Posts: 592
Thanks: 8
Thanked 190 Times in 139 Posts
Default

Just concentrate on your own build Mortimer. That unbuilt dormobile needs to go to Moab in Sept.
__________________
Doug@DividingCreekImports.com
410.693.1391

Vehicle Shipment and Import
Logistics Services Worldwide

Defender Restoration and Modification
Located in Central Virginia
Uncle Douglas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:30 PM   #15
Uncle Douglas
Senior Member
 
Uncle Douglas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Va
Posts: 592
Thanks: 8
Thanked 190 Times in 139 Posts
Default

4 cabins reserved, ea sleeps 6, more if you add a couple cots.

If you are willing to be in one cabin Friday and move to a different one Saturday you may be able to still reserve one by doing two separate reservations.
__________________
Doug@DividingCreekImports.com
410.693.1391

Vehicle Shipment and Import
Logistics Services Worldwide

Defender Restoration and Modification
Located in Central Virginia
Uncle Douglas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:39 AM   #16
Al Blue4.6l
Member
 
Al Blue4.6l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: VA
Posts: 78
Thanks: 27
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Can't do it this year, but very interested next year.
Al Blue4.6l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:36 PM   #17
Uncle Douglas
Senior Member
 
Uncle Douglas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Va
Posts: 592
Thanks: 8
Thanked 190 Times in 139 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDavisinVA View Post
Naw, let "the man" work on the 90 while you do the customer projects.
It's so UD to hogg all the resources.
Tub is off the 90. Only seat box and tank left on. Prospects are excellent for this to be built in time. He played on the VA DMV site with personalized plates a couple nights ago. May go onto the NC one and see whats available in that state as well. Going to go ahead and paint and assemble the bulkhead while the chassis is out being dipped.
specs
Starting point 1988 90 SW 2.5 td.

converting to lhd
Removing front of tub bulkhead
galvanized bulkhead
galvanized chassis
4.2 14cux v8
4 hp22 trans- likely will use a 1.4 tcase due to tire size
Safari Gard steel wheels with 12.50 x 35 BFG's
Safari Gard 3+ progressive springs
Safari Gard rear heim to heim shock mounts with uber long Fox racing remote res shocks
Front shocks are Bilstein 7100's
Safari Gard chrome moly cranked rear trailing arms
Rover Tracks HD rear axle shafts
Safari Gard tie rod protector tube
Safari Gard Castor corrected Radius arms
Mantec tray type winch bumper-modified to fit huge M15000 and dip it
Warn M15000 winch
Later push button roll up doors

Going to spray it british racing green with a fuji white top.
Totally unnecessary for PI 5 but using that date as a finish by goal.

He's got his work cut out for him....
__________________
Doug@DividingCreekImports.com
410.693.1391

Vehicle Shipment and Import
Logistics Services Worldwide

Defender Restoration and Modification
Located in Central Virginia
Uncle Douglas is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

» Log in
User Name Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Password
» Today's Birthdays
None
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10 Release Candidate 2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.