NAS-ROW - The Land Rover Defender Forum  

Go Back   NAS-ROW - The Land Rover Defender Forum > NAS-ROW Classified Forums > Wanted

Old 06-24-2018, 08:42 PM   #1
SMac

Default New Doors

Who?s got a good deal on new front and rear cargo doors, fully trimmed out, and possibly already on our side of the pond? Looking for power locks and windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:34 AM   #2
The Dro

Mac,

With the way prices are going... Your best bet is to get them to airfreight the doors to the closes airport terminal (or whatever is called ).

https://www.sp-4x4.com/category_s/242.htm

www.lucky8llc.com
www.roversnorth.com
www.SeriesDefender.com
The Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:17 AM   #3
SMac

That?s quite the site, thanks Dro. I had read somewhere it was as costly to piece together a new door as to purchase NTO...don?t know if that still holds.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:24 AM   #4
WK2Burner

I have not dealt with directly, but I think I've seen him on the forums before. He has NTO complete doors. Might be worth a shot, not sure if anyone else has dealt with them.

ralves.rui on ebay
WK2Burner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:29 AM   #5
SMac

I?m in contact with Rui on a project, just wanting to see what else is out there. Thanks Burner.

Old 06-26-2018, 11:36 AM   #6
brdhmltn

Member Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dro View Post
Mac,
With the way prices are going... Your best bet is to get them to airfreight the doors to the closes airport terminal (or whatever is called ).
https://www.sp-4x4.com/category_s/242.htm
I did this through Atlanta. Not a good experience. If I lived 15min from the airport, sure, I would do it. It required 3 separate trips to Atlanta from Huntsville (3 hrs each way) before I finally got my things through customs. Customs also didn't notify me until after lunch each time, so it was always an instant rush to try to leave town to make it there. It will probably be one trip less if you don't ship anything with leather/cloth. I had some seat covers in my order that I think were the hold up.

I did this for a Rimmer Bros shipment to save $150. I spent half that in gas, and way more than that in the time off work to make the trips. For me it wasn't worth it. In hindsight, only if I lived or had a friend that lived within 15-20 min of the airport.

Edit: Trip 1 was just to carry paperwork from recieving point to customs. That gets you on the list to get inspected. Then it's minimum 48 hours until the inspection happens. Trip 2 is if things go smooth, your items clear, you get the call to pick them up. Any issues and its an extra trip minimum to resolve it in person, which was required in my case.
brdhmltn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 12:08 PM   #7
SMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by brdhmltn View Post
I did this through Atlanta. Not a good experience. If I lived 15min from the airport, sure, I would do it. It required 3 separate trips to Atlanta from Huntsville (3 hrs each way) before I finally got my things through customs. Customs also didn't notify me until after lunch each time, so it was always an instant rush to try to leave town to make it there. It will probably be one trip less if you don't ship anything with leather/cloth. I had some seat covers in my order that I think were the hold up.

I did this for a Rimmer Bros shipment to save $150. I spent half that in gas, and way more than that in the time off work to make the trips. For me it wasn't worth it. In hindsight, only if I lived or had a friend that lived within 15-20 min of the airport.

Edit: Trip 1 was just to carry paperwork from recieving point to customs. That gets you on the list to get inspected. Then it's minimum 48 hours until the inspection happens. Trip 2 is if things go smooth, your items clear, you get the call to pick them up. Any issues and its an extra trip minimum to resolve it in person, which was required in my case.

Good to know, thanks. I?m 5 hours away from an international airport or 8 hours to a seaport.

Old 06-26-2018, 02:30 PM   #8
rocky

I had SP4x4 deliver to my door. They use DHL.
Amazingly quick service, fully trackable. Unlike fedex etc there was no special letter seeking customs duties.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:46 PM   #9
SMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky View Post
I had SP4x4 deliver to my door. They use DHL.
Amazingly quick service, fully trackable. Unlike fedex etc there was no special letter seeking customs duties.

Thanks. I?ve had big/heavy parts shipped from the motherland and I found it fairly reasonable in the past. I?ve been hit with duties a couple times though on the bigger, more expensive shipments. I think all of those were shipped with FedEx.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:44 PM   #10
The Dro

Quote:
Originally Posted by brdhmltn View Post

Sorry to see that you had a shitty experience...

I lucked out... we have 2 mayor airports within 30 minutes... Also, shipping to your house it's ?300... That's pricey IMO.

www.lucky8llc.com
www.roversnorth.com
www.SeriesDefender.com
The Dro is offline   Reply With Quote