2.5n/a, LT77, LT230 - for sale in Seattle area

emj

I am doing a 300tdi engine conversion at Defenders Northwest the week of the 17th. I will be pulling the 2.5 n/a, the LT77 and the LT230 from my 1990 ex MOD Tithonus Defender. I will sell the engine, transmission and transfer box for $500.

The truck was part of the Tithonus refurbishment program. I purchased it in 2014 in Germany from a guy who had purchased it directly from the British military a year or so prior. The Odomoter has ~27k km/147 miles on it but I have no idea if the engine or odometer are original but its fair to say that the military maintained it up until it was sold. The prior owner serviced it in Germany and obtained TUV (German highway safety) certification on the vehicle to be able to legally drive it and I recently had it serviced by Lamorna garage.

If you are interested, I could show you the engine, running, in my truck in Seattle this week before I take it out of the vehicle on the 17th. It will be available for pickup in Gig Harbor on the 18th.

I installed power steering on the vehicle a year ago at Defenders Northwest and will sell the power steering bracket (ERC 6974, a very difficult part to source), hoses, pump, mounting plate and pulleys, essentially everything you need to convert a 2.5n/a engine from manual steering to power steering with the exception of the reservoir and power steering box.

I will sell these power steering parts above for $350 separately, they have less than 200 miles on them since installation one year ago.

I also have the Tithonus exmoor trim acoustic matting that covers the floor, transmission tunnel and seatbox for sale. There are holes cut in it by the military to access the battery, tool box and center console. Here is a link to the current civilian version for reference. I will sell this for $300.

nas90tdi

Don't listen to that diesel hating Robert Davis. Ford engines in a Land Rover. It's heresy.
I might know of another guy looking for an engine as well. I will drop him a line.