FS 2005 LR3 SE (V8) 7,900 OBO

roverrange

Selling the LR3. It is silver with black leather interior and has about 160k miles. Driven daily.

-Non-navigation SE (has front storage area)
-Third row seats
-Service up to date
-No errors or warning lights
-Voyager Roof rack with rear ladder
-Otherwise stock
-No accidents
-Tow hitch
-Radio does not work (didn't work when we bought it a couple years ago, i don't mind the quiet)
-Some small dings here and there

Would make a great base for a trail rig or even as is for a daily driver.
$7,900 OBO

Located in Tallahassee

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    953.9 KB · Views: 242
  • front 2.jpg
    front 2.jpg
    540.6 KB · Views: 250
  • general grabber.jpg
    general grabber.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 238
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 223
  • side view.jpg
    side view.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 220

roverrange

bump for lower price

$7,500 OBO

Also open to partial trades for Defender parts. Looking for:

2x Fold down side steps
Wheel arches
seat box covers (both sides)

any other items you can think of that I should put on the Tithonus.

Jrose609

Looks like a super nice truck for the price.

Not taking away from your nice truck at all, but I am just curious. I’ve seen several (quite a few actually) SE versions for sale with “radio not working” in the ad. What is it in the LR3 radio that goes bad? No power to the unit? CD player not ejecting? Just wondering.

GLWS!

roverrange

Radio in SE LR3

That is a good question, I suppose the SE radio is different than the HSE or Nav units. I looked into getting a replacement and it seems like a refurbished one would be a couple hundred dollars. I actually purchased a double DIN surround and a wiring harness to put in an aftermarket unit but just never got around to getting one installed. There are companies that will repair your SE radio too so it seems like enough of them go "bad" but a fix is not too complicated.

To answer your question more specifically, it is getting power but it turns on for a second and shuts off. Could be as simple as a bad fuse or a short somewhere.

The Dro

Illustrious
That is a good question, I suppose the SE radio is different than the HSE or Nav units. I looked into getting a replacement and it seems like a refurbished one would be a couple hundred dollars. I actually purchased a double DIN surround and a wiring harness to put in an aftermarket unit but just never got around to getting one installed. There are companies that will repair your SE radio too so it seems like enough of them go "bad" but a fix is not too complicated.

To answer your question more specifically, it is getting power but it turns on for a second and shuts off. Could be as simple as a bad fuse or a short somewhere.
If it turns on, it's not the fuse or a short. It's most likely the unit itself.

Is the kit (double DIN and harness) you have plug-and-play?

It will help if you spend the 1-2 hours to install a radio. Sorry for the hi-jack, trying to help out.

roverrange

From what I have read, there is a secondary fuse that powers the whole unit so power may get to the unit but not be able to turn it on. Anyway, I know enough about electronics to know I don't want to take it apart to fix it.

The kit is plug and play since the harness and surround are designed for the LR3 but I have so many other projects that one is not on my priority list right now. I'd rather discount the truck $200 than install a radio. Appreciate the feedback though.

Ray_G

Just to be clear the LR3 can have several stereo options-the SE isn't necessarily the base model (non Harmon Kardon). Important bc the HK is a bit of a PITA to aftermarket replace.

That said, at this price, it wouldn't stop me from buying the truck. GLWS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roverrange

Radio

Just to be clear the LR3 can have several stereo options-the SE isn't necessarily the base model (non Harmon Kardon). Important bc the HK is a bit of a PITA to aftermarket replace.

That said, at this price, it wouldn't stop me from buying the truck. GLWS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see HK written anywhere on the interior so I am going to say it is non-hk

LostChord

Just seeing this now.

Don't know anything about LR3's, but can vouch for the seller. Jay is a great dude.

Ray_G

I don't see HK written anywhere on the interior so I am going to say it is non-hk

Based off the pics it looks like a base spec radio-which is actually a really good thing for anyone that grabs it and then just takes it to a shop & says 'find the double din that meets my specs'...which is totally what I would do.

If I didn't have a green with black interior and my oldest didn't just get her mom's Mazda 3 I'd be all over this-fantastic amount of truck for the price.