Seat Hardware

WreckITFrank

Technical Excellence Contributor
Swapping out my early type seats for some newer style Puma seats. When I started to remove my old seats, I see that the PO had a "whatever was handy" assortment of bolts, spacers, washers and hardware. It seems like all the catalogs only show partially of what I need. I know it's not that big of a deal but does anyone know what I would need on all 4 corners of the seat? The bases are already attached, I am only speaking to what bolts the seat rails to the seatbox. I assume the hardware is the same for puma seats, as the bases should be the same and the seatbox is from 1991. Thanks.

Would the attachment be the same for all 4 corners of both seats in the pic?
Number 6, 16, 17, 18

seatbox.jpg

JimC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep, the picture is accurate. You need a nut plate which rivets to the seatbox (this job sux with these missing) and there is usually a thick washer which raises the seat rails slightly. Without a spacer, the sliding rails will mar up a seatbox mat or rub any carpets.

WreckITFrank

Yep, the picture is accurate. You need a nut plate which rivets to the seatbox (this job sux with these missing) and there is usually a thick washer which raises the seat rails slightly. Without a spacer, the sliding rails will mar up a seatbox mat or rub any carpets.

Thanks Jim, I do have few spacers, but some corners just used stacked washers.

Are the nut plates on all 4 corners of each seat? The nutplates are NLA, and now turned to rivnuts. I'll probably makes some nutplates if I need them for all corners of all seats. I can order the spacer washers, so I'lld get a dozen of those.

JimC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep, all four corners. I think you’re right, my 2010 truck had rivnuts IIRC. Rivnuts wil be fine but you’ll want a backing plate, and it takes some real effort to set an M8 rivnut.

WreckITFrank

Yep, all four corners. I think you?re right, my 2010 truck had rivnuts IIRC. Rivnuts wil be fine but you?ll want a backing plate, and it takes some real effort to set an M8 rivnut.

Thanks, ill get some spacer bushings and source or make some nutplates. Never used a nutplate in my life until I had a Defender. They are damn near everywhere.

WreckITFrank

I'm good with 6 out of 8 of those nutplates, before I make some, anyone have 2 they can spare from an old seatbox?