Rebuilding the Fuel System

NPT90

Kennedy Diesel 12v centrifuge pump

Found this snooping the interwebs today.

Alloy housing, 2 year warranty, 40K hours life expectancy, 4PSI output. Seems like they are widely considered the best for no performance applications. Also folks find them to be remarkably quiet.

I reached out to them today to get the specifications.

Downside to this design is in is not self priming and requires constant fuel flow. Stay tuned!

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
My old tank was leaking in several places, so in addition to the other issues, I had hoped I might see 20+ mpg on my normal commute after doing all this work.

When I was done, I first put about a gallon in just to see if there were leaks, and to get the thing started. The gas light was on, and sender was way down past 1/8 tank. I then put about 5 gallons into the tank and confirmed that the sender showed 1/4 tank. I drove off about three gallons, then filed up right when the gas light started to blink on bumps. This was with about 1/8 showing on the gauge, and it too 22 gallons. I just now filled up again when the needle got just below 1/2 tank. Part because I wanted to see what the sender was saying vs. reality, and part because I was impatient to get a new mpg figure.

I?m now at 17.3 mpg. 230 miles for 13 gallons......

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
So I let the tank run down to just below 1/4. Once it gets down to half or less, the gauge seems fairly accurate...... It used to be dead on from about 3/4 of a tank down. When it showed 3/4 of a tank, it was exactly 5 gallons to fill up, 1/2 tank was exactly 10 gallons, and so on. Now it's anyone's guess from 1/2 or so. However, at 1/4 tank, it takes around 16 gallons.

My MPG are still lower than they were before doing all this work. I got 18 on the last fill up.

The other thing is, even with a new filler cap, I am still getting fuel leaking out of the filler cap area. Can't tell exactly where.

Napalm00

Technical Excellence Contributor
The after market caps suck ass. I have one on my truck and ended up cutting a new gasket for it out of viton? rubber sheet.