Solar Panel

Sonoran Rovers

It's a bit too big for us. It works fine just a little delaninated at the back.

62 x 33 x 2 weighs about 30lbs

$50

175 watts 44 volts 5 amps

See label

Can box up and ship on your dime.
719cac119798c3f01a90fa9013ac9cc0.jpg
50c4404405efbedfeac32a0dde0b6074.jpg
8327a54c7dfed9dfd9053d259fb138f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RDavisinVA

Technical Excellence Contributor
44 volts at 5 AMPS is 220 watts = 220/12 = 18 AMPS at 12 volts.
Can you use this panel at 12 Volts?
Most of them work at 12 volts.
18 amps should fully charge most any auxiliary 12V battery bank in less than an hour.

RBBailey

NAS-ROW Addict
Callsign: KF7KFZ
18 amps seems like a lot. If I remember right, my old plug in charger only puts out 15 amps on high setting. Maybe it would be good for an Oregonian?

Viton

The algebraic formula for electricity is:
Volts x Amps = Watts VxA=W

The only useful way to use this panel in an automotive application, which would still require a charge controller, is to charge a 24V battery. This could by accomplished by stringing 2ea., 12 Volt batteries in series. This panel is not designed for automotive use. It's made to string in series to put out a higher total voltage, eg., string 3 together with a charge controller to charge a 48 Volt battery bank (which needs to see about 58 Volts to charge) to run to an AC inverter to run a 120VAC system application.

Viton

Here is the data sheet....

You then need to run this to a 12V charge controller to maintain the battery. That will cost a bit. You can't run any panel straight to a battery. There must be a charge controller in between.

Unless you buy a cheap panel from Harbor Freight that only puts out 1 Amp at ~15 volts. These make great items to maintain batteries IF you park outdoors.
I've done this on my backhoe since 2006 & the Interstate battery still works like a charm. Also works for car batteries left out in the sun at the airport parking for long periods of time (plugs into the power port).

Red90

Maybe I should not use the word "maintain". You get a 175 Watt panel, because you need to provide serious power and charge the battery. Without a charger, you are wasting a large amount of the generated energy. Obviously, you must have one with a 36 Volt panel.

RDavisinVA

Technical Excellence Contributor
Here is the data sheet....

http://store.affordable-solar.com/site/doc/Doc_SAPC175 - 3-07_20080403145239.pdf

The way solar panels work... The 44 V is with no load (open circuit). At maximum chooch, it is 35.4 V and 4.95 A, which is 175 W.

You then need to run this to a 12V charge controller to maintain the battery. That will cost a bit. You can't run any panel straight to a battery. There must be a charge controller in between.

Johnny B comes through again.
The panel is 24V and it looks like it cannot be used with a 12V system unless you have a step down transformer,
This quenches my fire of interest...
GLWTS

Sonoran Rovers

Thanks for all the interest. It's an interesting one I guess.

Anyone want it?

Yes. I needs a pretty expensive charge controller I think.

Open to offers.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk