1987 LHD 110 200tdi - $25,000

boomnick

Sadly looking to sell my 110.

She is definitely not a show rig and needs a paint job, but mechanically sound. Starts up every time.

Pros:
- Recently changed all oils along with a new gearbox filter
- Slickshift installed
- Completely new front hubs, bearings, disc brakes and pads, swivel, and seals.
- New back door
- New alternator (65amp) with upgraded wiring
- New battery
- New signal relay
- New driver's door window regulator
- Fairey winch
- Chassis Ziebart coated
- Soundproofed driver's door and front floors
- No rust on the firewall or footwells
- All new indicator and running light housings and LED bulbs

Cons:
- Needs a paint job
- Outboard wings/arms of the chassis have some rust
- Rear left spring housing has a rust hole
- Battery box has some rust
- Some dents

As I said she'll definitely not be a show car unless you're a wizard at body work. Even so, she turns heads and looks damn good. I'm sad to see her go, but don't have time to work on her anymore.

I'll definitely upload more pictures in the next couple days. Asking $25,000 but open to offers. Just want to see her go to a nice home.

Attachments

• IMG_0361.jpg
    IMG_0361.jpg
    708 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_0362.jpg
    IMG_0362.jpg
    597 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_0365.jpg
    IMG_0365.jpg
    565.8 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_0323.jpg
    IMG_0323.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_0320.jpg
    IMG_0320.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_0437.jpg
    IMG_0437.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_9273.jpg
    IMG_9273.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_9602.jpg
    IMG_9602.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_9776.jpg
    IMG_9776.jpg
    572.5 KB · Views: 308

Tbaumer

Technical Excellence Contributor
Hey Nick,
Looks like a fair price for a good runner. Are you getting much interest in this?

boomnick

I?ve got a guy interested pending inspection by his mechanic. I?ll post what the final decision is either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenLittle

Callsign: KE7BEN
Lame that you sold this truck to someone else after I gave you a deposit and bought a plane ticket out. At least you refunded me.. but still, 100% dick move.

SARTech

Lame that you sold this truck to someone else after I gave you a deposit and bought a plane ticket out. At least you refunded me.. but still, 100% dick move.

I don't feel as bad now. Monday I was leaving the house for the 3 hour drive to Seattle to purchase a 2003 Disco. I messaged the guy, said I was on my way and would message when off the ferry, I had cash and purchased a carfax. He replied "oh i sold it". Then after several text nothing from him.

Jrose609

Just sold.

Damn, dude. Totally DICK move. Someone gave you a deposit and bought a plane ticket, and then you sold it out from under him? Congrats on selling your truck, but in case you didn’t know, the Rover community is a small one. Rover owners tend to not forget.

BenLittle

I'm confidant this kid will never own another rover which is good because no one else will get burned. He'll probably buy a TURD. Seems a good fit.

boomnick

Damn, dude. Totally DICK move. Someone gave you a deposit and bought a plane ticket, and then you sold it out from under him? Congrats on selling your truck, but in case you didn?t know, the Rover community is a small one. Rover owners tend to not forget.

Hey Ben,

I apologize for the way things worked out and maybe I didn?t handle it 100% correctly but let me shed some light on the full story. This was your SECOND chance at the truck since you passed the first time:
81a91d8a1c4d1e7ea49cb1d2956d2f7d.png

You ended up using that info to talk me down to $14k which is pretty much bare bones. Even then you weren?t 100% sure and said you?d fly out and take a look for $14k:
d1295ebcdcccd2022fe20d401498b594.png

While I was giving you a second chance a previous buyer regretted his decision and wanted a second chance. He offered significantly more. I informed you of the decision one week before your flight. You seemed to be understanding about it:
02d51d0eb15a83740b20f5062f7db01e.png

I even refunded you your deposit AND your plane ticket. Heck you may have ended up making $200 off the deal since I have no way of knowing if the ticket was truly non-refundable. It?s not like I pulled out at the last minute. Please forgive me but I doubt that this resorts to name calling and trolling on a post. I realize that with car deals people can become emotionally invested and I may have inadvertently pissed you off. I do apologize for not handling this 100% but I don?t agree with your witch hunt.

Thanks

BenLittle

Witch hunt? Name calling?

I'm being generous, Nick. This was a dick move - You agree, I agree, we all agree - If you make a commitment to sell something, take a deposit, you're committed. Period, end of story. I'm sorry that I'm a good negotiator - if you weren't comfortable with the price I offered - you shouldn't have accepted my deposit and shouldn't have let me buy a plane ticket.

I'm understanding - but, dick move nonetheless. You didn't quite post our texts in full context. Thanks for posting the last one though - how you weren't going to reimburse my flight UNTIL you had his cash in-hand because he could back out again - not my problem. Only after I expressed that did you refund my ticket.

Funny though, the guy that bought it for 20k can now see that he could have offered anything over 14 :)

Again, I'm understanding - you're a young guy, you bought the wrong car, maybe you'll learn a lesson here but that doesn't mean I'm not going to tell others about my experience.

boomnick

You?re right ben. I shouldn?t have agreed to the $14k. That was my mistake. I was irritated on my end because 5 people flaked out before you for no reason. I?ll learn from this but I?ll ask that you refrain from petty name calling. TURD was unnecessary [emoji6]