Think I Have A Problem

GynormousMellon

When I park the Defender, I can't seem to stop looking back as I walk away! Not worried about anything happening, just love to look. I've almost walked into on coming traffic!

Maybe I'm trying to see when it marks its territory by leaving varies fluids or maybe waiting to see it drop some rust with the fluids. Mine might have "stage fright." Doesn't seem to mark its territory if I'm watching.

I might be in need of serious intervention.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The Dro

Illustrious
Check the truck's fluids if it is not leaking profusely.

See if you can bring it to NoVA Happy Hour one day.

MountainD

Technical Excellence Contributor
I now only have 1 drip. It comes from my transfer case. I have tried 9 ways to Sunday to keep it from marking his spot! I even replaced all the transfer case seals and put rightstuff around that one trouble area that we all know about when I did the LS swap. I actually believe it is from the inspection plate from when I took out some bolts and put it on the tranny jack. I'll change that when I do my next fluid change. I hate it as it marks my friends pristine driveway... but not enough to fix it yet... That all said, I also check every time as it is my "early warning device". If it spots, I must find out what caused it even if it means laying down whatever I have handy and going under to have a look in my work clothes...

(the LS/6L80e doesn't leak a drop, which is both refreshing and disconcerting... Is it still full?)

Dan kemper

Founding Member
Callsign: KK6ECF
Make sure you seal the 3 bolts that go through the case with a thread sealer. I recently resealed my inspection plate with right stuff and thread seal on all bolts after cleaning really well and no leaks finally!

Tbaumer

When I park the Defender, I can't seem to stop looking back as I walk away! Not worried about anything happening, just love to look.

What a relief to know that I'm not the only one doing this. Does it ever go away? Wonder if the old timers found a cure...

broncoduecer

Make sure you seal the 3 bolts that go through the case with a thread sealer. I recently resealed my inspection plate with right stuff and thread seal on all bolts after cleaning really well and no leaks finally!

That?s a good point. I think that?s what is dripping on my tcase. Thanks!

GynormousMellon

Thank you for this and I'll give it a shot. I'm due for a fluid change so this timing is perfect.

MountainD

You are talking about the mating bolts to the transmission, correct? I did. Next will be the inspection plate, just as you describe too. Fingers crossed.

Dan kemper

Founding Member
No just inspection plate. Some of the bolts go into the open cavity of the case and often mechanic or owner forget to seal the threads. It will leak if you don’t put thread sealer on those bolts. Becomes obvious when you open it up

GynormousMellon

No just inspection plate. Some of the bolts go into the open cavity of the case and often mechanic or owner forget to seal the threads. It will leak if you don?t put thread sealer on those bolts. Becomes obvious when you open it up
What are you using on the threads to seal?

Dan kemper

Founding Member
Any brush on thread sealer with ptfe made for metal will do. Permatex, loctite, ace brand etc