300tdi Injector Pump ERR4419

Shearpin

My Defender is causing fights with my wife again...

I have a constant drip of diesel fuel coming from the o-ring in my injection pump. I have explained to my wife that the timing is fortuitous because we are due for a timing belt; the timing and the inclusive ?we? got me nowhere.

I am considering having my pump rebuilt, a reman unit, and new unit. I have been quoted $1,400 to $1,600 CDN for a rebuild. At that price I am tempted to source a new Bosch unit.

Has anybody had any luck with the exchange reman units available from England. I have had bad luck with reman bits in the past - makes me nervous. I assume these pumps are designed to be rebuilt by a competent diesel mechanic- no?

Thanks again,
Henry

Uncle Douglas

Callsign: delete
If you are adept and can pull it yourself (and dont mind sending it down into the states). Drain it well, Package it so it cannot leak and send it to

Elton Wright
Blue Ridge Diesel
1016 Delaware St
Salem Va.

I'd also suggest sending your injectors and have them pop tested (they are designed to open @ a certain pressure and can be adjusted) and the spray patterns checked, test costs about $10 per injector. If you need new tips (a consumable item that last about 80k miles) they can do those @ the same time.

We had them reseal and go through Raub's tdi Bosch Ve pump this spring and it ran around $600 ( Merican not that funny stuff you guys use).
They are Bosch dealer and are somewhat revered locally.

https://blueridgediesel.com/

FWIW Elton daily drives a rover and has a Tdi powered 109 in his collection of unique rides.

Dan kemper

Founding Member
Callsign: KK6ECF
I can vouch for blue ridge. I had them test my injectors at the same time. Pump came back looking new with every component resealed and reset t factory spec. Top notch

Shearpin

Thanks for all the replies...

I did contact LRseries regarding their Bosch units. They did reply that the injector pump they have for sale is a Bosch factory reman with a 24 month warranty. At almost half the price of a new injector pump I am tempted. This would get me back on the road quick as well.

RDavis - I do recall someone selling suitcase injectors on D90 forum... Is that you? I will be ordering one of your diesel sediment bowls next week. If so, let me know.

Henry

RDavisinVA

Technical Excellence Contributor
Yep that was me Henry.
They'll fit in the medium flat rate box along with the sedimenter.

red64chevelle

I would recommend reaching out to Giles at Performance Diesel Injection. He has built VW IDI and TDI pumps that are known throughout the VW community to be the best. I had one on my old 84 Jetta TD. They are both Bosch VE pumps.

187 Steelcase Road West, Unit 16, Markham, ON., L3R 2R9

1of40

I can vouch for Elton and BRD. They are a solid shop and the fact that Elton is a long time tdi owner is a bonus in my book. Quick turns and great customer service. On a rebuild you get what you pay for. We know this.

Shearpin

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

I did order a Bosch reman from LrSeries; it will allow me to quickly turn around the repairs.

It’s going to be a long weekend...

Henry

Shearpin

Thank you for the suggestion - I did see a YouTube video of that tool in action.

I am due for a timing belt next spring and have some Rover travel plans that summer. I have assembled a wife infuriating pile of parts to install in the next few weeks -a timing belt is one of them...

Henry

Napalm00

Technical Excellence Contributor
Great ! Remember to do the timing belt tensioner you need a dial or bar style torque wrench.