Paint Color Option by year

TravelinLight

Is there a list of the Paint color options for a particular year? I am trying to do some research on a 1991 110 that looks like a faded, oxidized, neglected Marine Blue but I want to be sure before I have some wheels painted to match the body.

It is in route right now and will need a good detail and scrub, but I am toying with Alpine White Wheels or paint a set of Steelies to match the body?

Here is a picture of the truck in question.

Attachments

• FrontEnd.jpg
    FrontEnd.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 167

AdamSanta85

I don't think blue wheels will look good. White on blue on the other hand looks fantastic.

If you sweet talk the woman at the British Motor Heritage Museum she might be able to tell you the color over the phone...

Mdubs

Here you go. This book is pretty comprehensive as far as the history of the Defender and model years. Has all the small changes from year to year. Can you post some pics of your Defender in Marine Blue? Thats the color I am eventually going to paint mine.

Attachments

• IMG_1702.jpg
    IMG_1702.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_1703.jpg
    IMG_1703.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 177

TravelinLight

Here you go. This book is pretty comprehensive as far as the history of the Defender and model years. Has all the small changes from year to year. Can you post some pics of your Defender in Marine Blue? Thats the color I am eventually going to paint mine.

Thank you, will do after it lands in the states and gets a solid detail. It has been a working girl in the UK for many years and needs a solid bath and detail to bring the paint back to a shine. The picture in the original post has a front end view.

So looks like it is not Marine Blue after all.